Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
IonicEV , once again... thanks, very cool! I receiced my gds/vci and after hours of installation (reconfigured my win10 laptop to dual boot with win 7) it did install!!! It doesnt list my ioniq but its updating....... just what i was looking for!

·
Registered
726 Posts
IonicEV , once again... thanks, very cool! I receiced my gds/vci and after hours of installation (reconfigured my win10 laptop to dual boot with win 7) it did install!!! It doesnt list my ioniq but its updating....... just what i was looking for!
I’m waiting for mine to arrived. Does it requires windows 7? Can I install it on windows 10?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Update done and used the tip to use a 2017 vin,,,, working great!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Any info for Europe version? I can see the China listings prompt you to buy another HDD with Europe software, but that seems weird and the software they sell seems to be only up to 2016.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Just got mine in the mail today. The software are .rar in multiple DVDs. I think I will have to un-RAR these files to get the .iso images, am I right?

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have problem extracting part24.rar. I tried to install it anyway with unsuccessful results.
Not sure if it because I’m trying on windows 10 or because of the part24.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check the documentation that came with the unit to see if they recommend win 10, mine did not, you also need all the rar files.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Check the documentation that came with the unit to see if they recommend win 10, mine did not, you also need all the rar files.
I know the seller recommend windows7, but as it is not a REQUIREMENT. I'm in the process of getting the part24.rar, and will try to install it again after I have the file.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Has anyone updated their china GDS interface firmware? Does chinese clone still work after update?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Ok, it is up and running. Installing took quite a while. I have a lot to do with this, starting with brake fluid replacement.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Can’t connect to the car. I’m trying to connect to my 2017 HEV. Tried both ODB under the dash and “Diagnostics” port under the hood the GDS keep saying no vehicle communication. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
726 Posts
DO NOT Update the vci firmware, as per the vendor it will brick the unit
Not so sure we are buying from the same seller, but this is the description from "Zrigo Tech Store" and I quote; "(PS: This device support original GDS software, firmware is updatable, you can update to new firmware if you have new version. supported car type and car year depends on the software you have, the newer version, the more car list. )"

·
Registered
56 Posts
Look at item 4 of the zrigo gds

3. Never try to update the software, otherwise the circuit board will be burned, need return it back for repair,and you will pay all the maintenance cost and shipping cost back and force, because such damage is not free in the warranty policy.
You can update the gds software, not the vci (firmware) which they are calling software.... these units are badically the same, just different vendors,,,, if you havnt updated the firmware,,, dont risk it,,, no need to update it

·
Registered
726 Posts
Very weird. The seller said the firmware in the VCI is too old and doesn’t support hybrid cars. He said the firmware needed to be update.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts