Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, waiting for Ioniq 5
819 Posts
I can't resist. Once again taking a manual for an ICE and/or hybrid car to an EV has a hangover. No carbon dioxide from an EV. During the recent 3 day power outage in Texas, a lot of people moved into their EVs to sleep. This is from Page 272 of the UK owner’s manual for the Ioniq 5. I noticed in the title for the pdf it includes “tmp” so I expect a revision after more proof reading.

·
Registered
819 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Jaz, thanks for the link. I see on the Configuring the EV settings an option for utility mode. For Tesla fans, this looks like the Tesla camping mode and maybe dog mode.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD 73Kwh
143 Posts
Jaz, thanks for the link. I see on the Configuring the EV settings an option for utility mode. For Tesla fans, this looks like the Tesla camping mode and maybe dog mode.
You can use a “Dog mode” feature if you let the car on with de AC running and closing the car with the phone taking the fob with you.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD 73Kwh
143 Posts
Is this so the alarm isn't set off? Nice touch forcing the AC to be on to do this.
I think that the alarm only is activated when you use the fob to close the car, but not when you close it via BlueLink.
I said it becouse this Summer I Left several times the dogs inside the trunk using this method (with ventilators installed on the back seats to blow cold air to the trunk) and the alarm never was activated..

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think that the alarm only is activated when you use the fob to close the car, but not when you close it via BlueLink.
I said it becouse this Summer I Left several times the dogs inside the trunk using this method (with ventilators installed on the back seats to blow cold air to the trunk) and the alarm never was activated..

This is very good news because currently I can't lock my doors if the dog is in the car. The button to deactivate the internal sensor has never worked from the time I bought the car new. So far no one has bothered to open the car with the dog in there, but there's lots of dogs getting stolen recently and I'd prefer to keep my boy safe.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.