Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, mine will work great for an entire day and then will be intermittent every few minutes for a week on end... Everyone keeps saying it's a cable issue.. I have verified it is not. I'm just hesitant to swap the part and then have the issue again in a couple months. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI, everyone I fixed this issue by just disconnecting the USB harness (both connectors) and applying a tiny bit of noalox conductive grease to the pins (you could try without the grease). Have not had the issue since. I assume it was a bad connection because it would drop out when using the heater in the car and the thermal expansion or heat cycling caused the bad connection. Also tapping the center console could cause it to drop out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
FYI, everyone I fixed this issue by just disconnecting the USB harness (both connectors) and applying a tiny bit of noalox conductive grease to the pins (you could try without the grease). Have not had the issue since. I assume it was a bad connection because it would drop out when using the heater in the car and the thermal expansion or heat cycling caused the bad connection. Also tapping the center console could cause it to drop out.
That's interesting. It worked best for me when the temperature was moderate and now that I am using the heat, I am having the issue more often again like I did in the summer. I'll give that a try tomorrow since the part won't arrive until next week. I can give it a week long test to see how this goes and then decide what I want to do with the part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You might want to look at the GV60 equivalent harness as they moved to USB-C entirely.
I don't have my HI5 yet but have ordered and received USC-C replacement outlets. They are an exact fit for the USB-A outlets that come with the car. I looked at a You Tube video on how to change these. It appears simple except for one thing. The outlets come with four wires connected and is replaced by only two wires. I asked but was not really satisfied with the answer. What are the other two wires for if they are not reconnected to the new outlets? There is a link on the video where these can be ordered.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought some noalox from Home Depot yesterday morning and it took me about 30 minutes to disconnect everything, apply some noalox to the two plugs and put it back together. The only issue I had was that I had to figure out that the clip to press to remove the blue plug is on the driver side. Once I figured that out and pushed on that it came right out. I am happy to report that I have gone on two drives since doing this with each being 30 to 60 minutes and I have not had the issue. Thanks for this tip. I will leave it like this for now and see how it goes. So far it seems like a loose connection or just some expanding and contracting was causing my issue but time will tell.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts