Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any recent UK owners pls check what is their year of manufacturer stated as?

Just seen on my documentation as even though it is 17 reg, the year of manufacture is 2016. Is it the same for all new cars arrived this month via whichever boat?

The worse part is that this makes the insurance slightly more expensive. My quote comes at approx 25 quid more expensive for 2016 year than 2017 (both with 17 reg) which is insane!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Can any recent UK owners pls check what is their year of manufacturer stated as?

Just seen on my documentation as even though it is 17 reg, the year of manufacture is 2016. Is it the same for all new cars arrived this month via whichever boat?

The worse part is that this makes the insurance slightly more expensive. My quote comes at approx 25 quid more expensive for 2016 year than 2017 (both with 17 reg) which is insane!!

My vehicle just registered was completed on 29 January 2017. I have never ever been asked to provide a year of manufacture to any insurance company, only the registration details. I wouldn't be happy with them changing the price.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've just got my registration document. There is nowhere on it that shows year of manufacture. Just date of first registration...

I suspect your insurers are taking the proverbial..

·
Registered
278 Posts
you can decode the vin to get year of manufacture

Well yes it's the tenth letter in the VIN. My point was there is no overt declaration of year of manufacture on the V5. I would be concerned if my insurance was trying to charge me more for a car that was made on January 1 versus one that was made on 31 December the previous year. Unless there was a substantial change in the model specification, of course.

·
Registered
278 Posts

To answer your question. My car arrived this month and is year H therefor 2017.

Was yours a G and arrived in march?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts