Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The price is right, but that's a lot of miles in 3 years. Anyone have thoughts on the wisdom of buying such a car?

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,126 Posts
Mine is that age with 72000 miles. It's been trouble free. It does come down to how well the previous owner maintained it though.

·
Registered
740 Posts
It’s depends on the first owner. My car will be 3 years old next week with 61,000 miles on it. Still in great shape.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
May not even depend on first owner (no maintenance done) if the price is good, say 15K.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$17k for a 2017 Limited with all options and 49k miles, never wrecked (clean carfax). That is the question. It's at a dealer so there's no way to know what the previous owner was like. Stuff like this just makes me nervous :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
The car is worth $13,000 to $15,500. Nationally, used car prices are down right now, so it is a buyer's market. If it has been serviced at any Hyundai dealer the selling dealer should be able to call up the service records. If they are unwilling to do that, then I would shop elsewhere. Also dealers always jack up the price of used vehicles! Also wait until the last week on the month to buy any vehicle. Dealers are usually more willing to give better prices at that time to get their sales numbers up before the last day of the month. And do not let them talk you into extended warranties; they make big bucks off of those. Also do not let them add a bunch of fees and extras. Those of just a customer rip off! I have a 2019 Ioniq Limited and it has been a great vehicle. Since my first free service I have not not been back to the dealer. I follow Hyundai's service schedule, but I do it myself (I am a former service tech) and keep a logbook. Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cannot comment on the price from the UK, but at just over 16,000 miles p.a. It hasn’t exactly been overworked. I plan to do 35K p.a. in mine, mostly motorway, and don’t expect much to go wrong before it goes back in January 2024 with 140K showing. But it will be serviced strictly according to the UK schedule by a main dealer. (It’s on contract hire including all servicing and maintenance as it’s my company car)

·
Registered
1 Posts
One year ago I bought a 2018 Hybrid SEL with 41,000 miles. Certified preowned so came with a warranty. Price including all dealer fees was $16,400. I've put about 8,000 miles on it with zero problems. The previous owner replaced the front tires with some cheap no-name brand so there's a bit of vibration at highway speed, but one of these days I'll get 4 new ones.

As others have advised, don't pay the asking price. Make them an offer you're comfortable with and then sit quietly and smile while they go through all of their theatrics. Don't play their games. Because of the recession and uncertain economic future, I'll bet that dealers aren't going to sit around and wait for people to come in and pay inflated prices for used cars. Look up the trade-in value and offer $500-1000 above that. They're probably much more interested in having a paying customer than a lot full of unsold cars.

The only game I play is that I always have 2-3 other cars in mind when I'm talking to a salesperson. I never let on that I want this car - only that I want a car. You can mention that there are other used (or new) Ioniqs you're looking at whether at CarMax or Carvana or craigslist or other dealers. If they don't offer me a fair price, I say thank you and leave.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The mileage is not the issue for me, you lose the lifetime hybrid warrenty and the 10/100 warrenty is reduced to 5/60... if youre taking a loan i would demand full warrenty for yhe life of the loan, personally i would go new, if price is an issue get a base model

·
Super Moderator
8,176 Posts
Cannot comment on the price from the UK, but at just over 16,000 miles p.a. It hasn’t exactly been overworked. I plan to do 35K p.a. in mine, mostly motorway, and don’t expect much to go wrong before it goes back in January 2024 with 140K showing. But it will be serviced strictly according to the UK schedule by a main dealer. (It’s on contract hire including all servicing and maintenance as it’s my company car)
i am usually more concerned about low mileage, as the car don't warm up, leading to oil dilution, moisture buildup in the exhaust leading to it rusting inside out, bakes seized due to lack of use etc

so long as regularly serviced to dealer standard and they can show you the records (either electronic or paper / reciepts etc) then high mileage is not necessarily a concern

if it is at the point of being out of warranty then thats another question, but this one is well inside that

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Are not most exhausts stainless these days?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
The specs for Ioniq hybrid state single stainless exhaust, whatever that means. But yes, per cars.com, most cars are now fitted with either stainless or aluminized steel. Either way, muffler shops are disappearing fast from US after being practically on every corner.

·
Super Moderator
8,176 Posts
The specs for Ioniq hybrid state single stainless exhaust, whatever that means. But yes, per cars.com, most cars are now fitted with either stainless or aluminized steel. Either way, muffler shops are disappearing fast from US after being practically on every corner.
must admit here in the UK been a while since i noticed a "Exhaust only" shop, now its a small notice in the local tyre shop "we also do exhaustss" type thing

i also wonder if it is also partly due to low sulphur fuels reducing the acid nature of fuels and exhaust gasses

·
Registered
4 Posts
dear friends... i am trying to decide between different trim levels SE, SEL or limited. My main and only consideration is lane centering while driving on highway.

If HDA is not mandatory for lane centering not just pulling me back from crossing the lane markings, what would be the lowest trim that i could get which has lane centering feature whilst driving on a highway ?

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,126 Posts
Now we have oil change places at every corner. I can't wait until EVs make those obsolete too. They were trying to upsell my mother in law unnecessary services for ridiculous prices.. Fluid changes for hundreds of dollars that only take 10 minutes (according to them).. what are they actually charging for? It made my blood boil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
$17k for a 2017 Limited with all options and 49k miles, never wrecked (clean carfax). That is the question. It's at a dealer so there's no way to know what the previous owner was like. Stuff like this just makes me nervous :)
Hello everyone, I just wanted to tell you that I got mine 2017 limited with 30k miles for $18k from Carvana.
Just to let you know where you can look at.

Yes, This is my first post and I am new, thank you everyone for all the post that I can read and educated my self on what I want to buy.

I am in love with my car!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts