Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2020 PHEV with a 2 tone dashboard, part towards windshield is black and part towards the driver (greater surface area) is grayish in color.
Well, the grayish color reflection on windshield is quite annoying.

I could not find the dash cover for 2020 model, so what are my options here?
Are there any dash cover vendors out there that can make the custom cover?

Or, maybe there is some other thing that I can try until dash cover for 2020 model becomes available?
I am thinking that I may be able to buy the dash cover for 2019 model and modify it, or potentially I can make my own dash cover.

Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I feel your pain. Not looking forward to the UK summer ( if it comes) because we too have the problem in bright light and dash reflection on windscreen ☹

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have 2020 PHEV with a 2 tone dashboard, part towards windshield is black and part towards the driver (greater surface area) is grayish in color.
Well, the grayish color reflection on windshield is quite annoying.

I could not find the dash cover for 2020 model, so what are my options here?
Are there any dash cover vendors out there that can make the custom cover?

Or, maybe there is some other thing that I can try until dash cover for 2020 model becomes available?
I am thinking that I may be able to buy the dash cover for 2019 model and modify it, or potentially I can make my own dash cover.

Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated!
How about a good pair of polarized sun glasses? :cool:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Is this similar to your interior colour combos @iglonius?

If so, then I totally agree, looks great, but that could make for a lot of reflection in the right or wrong light.

Doubtful the prior dash cover would modify adequately. Think you're looking at a custom piece. I'd suggest trying a mock-up/prototype cut out of black felt or fabric to start with to see how effective that would be and still look good....

But seriously, I wouldn't want to rule out the polarized sunglasses quite yet either.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, that is exactly how it looks!

Yes, polarized sunglasses may be the answer.

thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel your pain. Not looking forward to the UK summer ( if it comes) because we too have the problem in bright light and dash reflection on windscreen ☹
well, since 2020 model was sold in UK before it hit the US you may have some luck in obtaining the proper dash cover in near future. Here in US they just started the delivery of 2020 models so it will take a while before someone comes up with a solution.

Meanwhile. polarized glasses may be the answer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you make one get some Photographic background material in the colour of your choice, it does not reflect light.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was looking for a dash cover for my 2020 Ioniq PHEV and found this which allows choosing which version of the care you have. I haven't tried it but it might be a solution.

Has anyone found a dash cover that they like?

·
Registered
8 Posts
How about a good pair of polarized sun glasses? :cool:
have same issue even with sunglasses the reflections are awful as the grey is almost white. only thing that works is dark grey sticky back felt but looks awful. it’s so bad it’s dangerous in summer or winter

·
Registered
1 Posts
Polarized glasses worked for me however that fails pretty quickly when it's cloudy out.

While tinting the car windows I decided to get this for my windshield as well in hopes of blocking heat but also maybe it would help with glare. https://northamerica.llumar.com/automotive-film/types-of-automotive-film/clear-window-tint/clear-window-tint-series. It didn't help with the glare. The heat yes.

No offense to anyone else's sense of fashion, but as much as I hate the look of dash covers I decided maybe that's worth it for this solution. I ended up going with the same link that Scruffy posted above from DashCare by Seatz. It had cutouts for the charging lights, however it isn't cut very well for the windshield vents. And if they're on the air blows right into the cover making a nice hot air balloon out of it. DashCare isn't able to fix this however stating "this unfortunately is just how our pattern is made. The slits towards the ends of the vents are made to be able to adjust for the area in the defrosters where it “drops” a little. Almost like an indentation where the vents are."

So I'm reaching out to CoverCraft in hopes that they're cover works better. I'll report back if I end up getting theirs.
https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/ltd-edition-custom-dash-cover.DML

Regarding the glare and if the dashcover worked. Yes, it makes a world of difference. To try it out for yourself just throw some black long pants down on the dash and drive around. You'll see the difference immediately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts