Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Is replacing the vinyl cladding really the solution to this? If this happens once, won't this be an ongoing issue?

If this starts to happen to me, should I be proactive and wrap each trim piece with ppf? Or perhaps paint the trim pieces professionally?

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited
2 Posts
I haven’t had the issue with peeling trim at the top of the doors, but do have the rubber along the bottom of the driver’s side window peeling off. I have an appt on Aug 12 at the dealership for 5k maintenance and will bring the issue up with them at that time to see about getting it fixed under warranty. I also had the back drivers side door seal come off once when I opened the door. I snapped it back in place and so far have not had any other issues with it, I am hoping that it just wasn’t snapped all the way in the first time and I won’t have any further issues with it.

Vehicle Car Plant Hood Automotive tire

Hood Plant Working animal Grass Automotive exterior

Water Liquid Fluid Wood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD 72.6kWh + tech + eco [MY22.5]
159 Posts
I have the window trim peeling on the driver's side (read door), so I contacted my leasing provider (LeasePlan) and they've scheduled me in to an appointment at Halfords?!
I don't mean to be harsh but I don't think this is something they will be able to help with, and I'm not sure how familiar they are with the Ioniq 5 so god knows what could happen - is this normal? I'd have thought it's something that needs to be sorted out by Hyundai themselves!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I hope not - I mean if it can't handle an albeit powerful UK heatwave then I'm not sure how this car will handle hotter climates 😯
To me it looks like the wrap was poorly applied in the affected area, especially since all other door frames are fine.

Trying to get Hyundai to take a look directly, I'm not gonna risk it with Halfords

·
Registered
159 Posts
Booked mine in with Hyundai who said they'll need the car for a day.. I wonder how much black trim will be left on our cars later into ownership 🤣

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate AWD tech and eco in Lucid Blue
295 Posts
Booked mine in with Hyundai who said they'll need the car for a day.. I wonder how much black trim will be left on our cars later into ownership 🤣
My dealer can't even order the replacement part without booking the car in and leaving it with them for a day, so that they can connect it to their diagnostic system. Apparently it's a requirement before they can put in a warranty claim with Hyundai sigh

At least they can invesigate the hyper-sensitive anti-theft alarm at the same time, I suppose.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Update (and it's not good) - so my trim started peeling on one window (rear passenger), and now I've noticed it starting to go on two other doors too!
If you look closely you'll see it seems to start with a very small patch of silverish metal being exposed, and then over time it gets worse and worse.
5 months into ownership, this is worrying - yes it's been hotter than normal but that's no excuse!

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hood Liquid Automotive lighting Fluid Window

Automotive side-view mirror Sky Water Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
867 Posts
Have you take
Update (and it's not good) - so my trim started peeling on one window (rear passenger), and now I've noticed it starting to go on two other doors too!
If you look closely you'll see it seems to start with a very small patch of silverish metal being exposed, and then over time it gets worse and worse.
5 months into ownership, this is worrying - yes it's been hotter than normal but that's no excuse!

View attachment 44815

View attachment 44816

View attachment 44817
Have you taken it to the dealer yet?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts