Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
718 Posts
A bunch of people on Facebook have reported same issue. One person in USA got theirs replaced by warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Out of interest which facebook group is that just trying to get lots of examples so that I have lots of evidence as I suspect that Hyundai will not want to resolve

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just noticed the same thing on my car... I'm guessing heat related as I'm in Texas and park outside... pretty much all summer has been over 100 F everyday

·
Registered
Teal ULTIMATE AWD + Tech + Eco Packs
94 Posts
I noticed the same thing, trim peeling on rear off side passenger door back in June and raised it with local Hyundai dealer when the car had it's parking brake recall on 1st July. It is now much worse possibly due to the recent extreme heat over the last two days. Still waiting for decision on warranty claim.
Mirror Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Hood Car
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Grille Automotive tire

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine has the same issue on both side rear windows. It looks to me like the dealer was removing the protective plastic and didn't realize that black vinyl part was supposed to stay on the car. It's the same as what is pictured, it literally looks like someone tried to remove it and then stopped. I'm worried my warranty claim will be denied because they will say it was me who peeled it. Glad to see that it's a known issue, it helps my case.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate AWD tech and eco in Lucid Blue
295 Posts
One more for the list…
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle door

It wasn't there yesterday morning. Also, apropos the 'looks like someone tried to peel it off' theory, I have someone's fingerprint in the adhesive of the PPF just forward of one of the rear wheelarches. Definitely been lifted then stuck down again.

·
Registered
2022 White Ioniq 5 SEL
124 Posts
Sorry for your troubles. Let's hope these are exceptions and not what we can all expect over time. It's amazing what we get for our money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just noticed the same thing on mine yesterday, also on the passenger side rear door.
Forgot to post photos. I feel like if we have enough owner proof here they will have to accept this as warranty work. So keep those photos and posts coming, I'll be showing this thread to the dealer (once I've got service scheduled) if they need convincing.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good news! I took my car in for the 5K mile service and put in a claim for the black trim peeling on the rear windows as well as some bubbles forming on the recycled paper portion of the interior door panel. The dealer accepted the claims. I'm now waiting for parts to arrive to get it fixed, they estimated 3-5 business days. I did not have to show them pictures of other cars with the same problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good news! I took my car in for the 5K mile service and put in a claim for the black trim peeling on the rear windows as well as some bubbles forming on the recycled paper portion of the interior door panel. The dealer accepted the claims. I'm now waiting for parts to arrive to get it fixed, they estimated 3-5 business days. I did not have to show them pictures of other cars with the same problem.
That's awesome news, thanks for updating here! Hoping mine goes smoothly too!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts