Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about leasing an Ioniq hybrid.

Would the boot be big enough for my two Labrador-sized dogs to sit upright without their heads being squashed against the glass?

I will be using it for my commute which is 35% slow crawling between 5-15mph, 35% stop-start very heavy traffic and 30% mixture of 70mph motorways, twisty country roads and 30mph limits.

What MPG am I likely to see on the above driving, with a light foot?

Also... silly question maybe, but I don't brake much... I tend to leave very large gaps in front and ease to a halt without touching the brakes much. Will this mean I don't benefit from the regenerative braking and get worse MPG?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Also... silly question maybe, but I don't brake much... I tend to leave very large gaps in front and ease to a halt without touching the brakes much. Will this mean I don't benefit from the regenerative braking and get worse MPG?
No, it means you are hypermiling and getting better mpg. You certainly benefit from from using that technique with a non-hybrid, but you will see even better results with a hybrid.

The stop and start traffic you suffer for 35% of your commute will see far better results with any hybrid than a regular ICE.

The other place where hybrids excel are capturing energy lost on uphills on the downhill portion of trips.

As a general principle, one advantage hybrids have over regular cars all the time is that they can utilize more efficient, smaller engines than the market would otherwise accept because acceleration/power is aided/added by the electric motor.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
welcome bobiscuit

please introduce yourself over on the New Member Introductions - Hyundai Ioniq Forum and let us know country and rough area

as yticolev said you journey your journey seems to suit a Hybrid well

the mpg you will see will depend on the length of your journey, I would expect at least 50-60mpg

the most difficult question is your dogs, I would say yes but the only way to know for certain is for you to visit a showroom and see for yourself, one thing that may be good for them in the bottom bit of the window may give them a little bit more visibility being verticle

·
Registered
342 Posts
Labrador, im not to shure if they can sit upright with straight back...
Then again, how many cm in height do they have in a cage? vs height in the ioniq?

Tollers fitt just fine, but as u know they are smaler
Labradors 55-60cm
Tollers 45-54cm

When you borrow a car from the dealer, u test everything..
Here we testet 2 dogs in the back... :D

NB : This is the EV, not shure how the floor soultion is in the Hybrid vs EV.

Attachments

Reactions: yticolev

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
The Hybrid is about 90 litres larger so it shouldn't be a big problem

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm thinking about leasing an Ioniq hybrid.

Would the boot be big enough for my two Labrador-sized dogs to sit upright without their heads being squashed against the glass?

I will be using it for my commute which is 35% slow crawling between 5-15mph, 35% stop-start very heavy traffic and 30% mixture of 70mph motorways, twisty country roads and 30mph limits.

What MPG am I likely to see on the above driving, with a light foot?

I have a 12 year old black lab and we are not even going to try and put ther in the back. The main problem is the very high lip which could lead to injury on entry/exit. Our preference was to get an estate car (we have a SEAT Leon Tourer) but whilst she could cope wel with our old i40 she finds the SEAT a bit high. We've found this a problem with most modern cars (SUVs are completely out) and have resorted to a RAMP now.

I live in Suffolk (definitely not Urban cycle) and my initial MPG has been around 58MPG (indicated) i haven't had the car long enough to use fuelly.

·
Registered
342 Posts
That is also thrue, the loading is almost stupid high...
Healthy dogs will get in, but older dogs might not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts