Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I am very close to ordering the Ioniq 5 in the EU. It is not clear to me what, if any, connection capabilities the car has. For example, can it connect to a 4G or WiFi system to receive traffic information?

·
Registered
2017 VW Passat Estate Diesel (omg!)
146 Posts
Hi - I am very close to ordering the Ioniq 5 in the EU. It is not clear to me what, if any, connection capabilities the car has. For example, can it connect to a 4G or WiFi system to receive traffic information?
In Belgium, yes, there will be a SIM card inside the car, paid for by Hyundai, the first 4 or 5 years I think. Afterwards, you'll have to pay to continue that "subscription", like the VW CarNet services.
However, don't rely too much on this, you're probably better off with your own phone's Android Auto or CarPlay running Waze.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
211 Posts
That is what Hyundai says:
Your route is calculated by a powerful server in the Hyundai Bluelink cloud instead of by the processor of the navigation system in the car. Together with the real-time traffic information, it makes your seller and more relaxed on your destination arrives.
I saw on a Korean video (I could not understand it, the language:(), that there is type of SIM card similar size of a Credit Card, integrated in the front central map lamp = see this video
other with add-on item link video

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
211 Posts
In Belgium, yes, there will be a SIM card inside the car, paid for by Hyundai, the first 4 or 5 years I think. Afterwards, you'll have to pay to continue that "subscription", like the VW CarNet services.
However, don't rely too much on this, you're probably better off with your own phone's Android Auto or CarPlay running Waze.
Yes thank you, you were quicker in answering, while I was trying to find the videos.(y);)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts