Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is picking up her new Ioniq 5 P45 in matt gold this morning from the local dealers.
any tips things to check for at handover?

• how do we check that the software updates and all the campaigns have been actioned?
  • any items that dealers have been missing (chargers, v2l packs etc)
  • common paintwork/body panels problems (panel gaps, door fits, scratches)
  • internal rattles, or any other else to look for
  • assume that they will spend time organising setting up the car, phone app, optimal driving seat position etc
  • how detailed did the dealers demo/set up all the car features ?

thanks for your help and advice

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
671 Posts
Forgive me for asking, why do you assume they will spend any time setting up the car for you?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 ..Ultimate 4wd.
48 Posts
Forgive me for asking, why do you assume they will spend any time setting up the car for you?
All i would expect the Dealer to do is to make sure the very latest software updates are in place..and the car has no panel defects.. eg.. transit damage .... Interior scuffs.
It's up to the owner to set the car up to his or her liking.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good luck with the handover and make sure you spend as much time needed to get the job done properly - don't be rushed and make sure that you go over the paintwork in detail.

Our dealer knew nothing about the car and we collected it with about 30% showing on battery volume.

Don't assume the dealer knows much about the tech or the computer or the gadgets.

Otherwise, have a great experience.

SB

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I picked up my Premium I just checked for paint defects, scratches, marks etc. Found one, which was just a dirt mark they polished off in seconds.
Otherwise the car was obviously immaculate on delivery.
Regarding software etc, it's not like it's a one time deal. My car has an older, slightly buggy (warning messages) software, but I can take it back for an update any time I want.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 in digital teal green
47 Posts
My first Hyundai. P45 in Teal Green. I found my Worcester dealer very helpful. No rush. Checked over every panel. Gaps too. My deal included interior mats and boot rubber mat. One mark on roof that polished out. I was still removing a few stickers and plastic film from around the car weeks later. But no problems.
My one top tip would be to get them to check low and high beam alignment. My low is fine, but high beam is poor compared to my Honda e. I need to go back to my dealer to check.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
201 Posts
My first Hyundai. P45 in Teal Green. I found my Worcester dealer very helpful. No rush. Checked over every panel. Gaps too. My deal included interior mats and boot rubber mat. One mark on roof that polished out. I was still removing a few stickers and plastic film from around the car weeks later. But no problems.
My one top tip would be to get them to check low and high beam alignment. My low is fine, but high beam is poor compared to my Honda e. I need to go back to my dealer to check.
High beam comes completely misadjusted from the factory, and it's adjusted separately from low beam. Make sure you get them to adjust BOTH the high beams and low beams.
I made a video of how it is when correctly adjusted:

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 in digital teal green
47 Posts
High beam comes completely misadjusted from the factory, and it's adjusted separately from low beam. Make sure you get them to adjust BOTH the high beams and low beams.
I made a video of how it is when correctly adjusted:
Yes. A good video. It was this that made me realise mine were not adjusted correctly. I have yet to return to my dealership

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife is picking up her new Ioniq 5 P45 in matt gold this morning from the local dealers.
any tips things to check for at handover?

• how do we check that the software updates and all the campaigns have been actioned?
  • any items that dealers have been missing (chargers, v2l packs etc)
  • common paintwork/body panels problems (panel gaps, door fits, scratches)
  • internal rattles, or any other else to look for
  • assume that they will spend time organising setting up the car, phone app, optimal driving seat position etc
  • how detailed did the dealers demo/set up all the car features ?

thanks for your help and advice
Hope it went well. My P45 gravity gold had a paint defect on offside rear pillar that has just been re-sprayed - how it passed any QA checks both by Hyundai and dealer I don’t know. Looks a good job but the inconvenience and hassle for new expensive car has been considerable.
Also my DAB radio reception is terrible!
Good car otherwise!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Get a copy of the vin report which will detail all the work/checks/updates that’s been done to the car.

Ours had a tiny paint defect too which their touch up guy fixed. Fortunately it was right on the edge of the charging flap so easy to fix (GG paint)

Our dealer didn’t show us anything. Tbh we were keen to get on and drive it and figure it all out for ourselves. They were clueless about setting up the app too. Modern cars are complex and I wonder how much your average non-technical muggle never finds out about the car they own. My wife just isn’t interested in any of the technology and if it was just her she wouldn’t bother ever doing any updates or configuring all the features beyond the stuff she uses every day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get a copy of the vin report which will detail all the work/checks/updates that’s been done to the car.

Ours had a tiny paint defect too which their touch up guy fixed. Fortunately it was right on the edge of the charging flap so easy to fix (GG paint)

Our dealer didn’t show us anything. Tbh we were keen to get on and drive it and figure it all out for ourselves. They were clueless about setting up the app too. Modern cars are complex and I wonder how much your average non-technical muggle never finds out about the car they own. My wife just isn’t interested in any of the technology and if it was just her she wouldn’t bother ever doing any updates or configuring all the features beyond the stuff she uses every day.
Very similar experience as I knew more about the car than they did! I’m by no means a car buff either. Need someone who knows to talk me through All the tech!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have to say our dealer (Wilson’s Epsom) was brilliant; they took the time to talk through all features, got blue link setup, went through common cluster lights etc. I’ve not been an easy customer for them (wanting regular updates and changing my mind on stuff), but they were very tolerant.

Our rep also did their research around matte paint protection and found a highly rated local retailer that had expertise with matte paint for a ceramic coating.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That’s good to know congrats. I’m one if those customers - I’ve ordered in total 5 different cars and in turn cancelled - down to two now and need to make a final decision.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts