Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
1,128 Posts
The question blows my mind, honestly.

When cars come to market it's an amalgamation of the best a brand can do for the money.

When I look at the USB-A ports and lack of wireless CarPlay I ask myself... would I rather not have the roof shade like a Tesla? Would I rather not have the ventilated seats like a Tesla? Would I rather not have the ability to add a rear parcel cover like a Tesla? Because that's how cars are made and designed. Would I rather have a single USB-A port like the leaf etc.

I can't really think of any of the features that were provided in lieu of wireless CarPlay I'd rather not have - and it's nice the one glaring omission is a) addable, and b) only $100. Vs all the creature comfort's competitors like the Tesla lack.

Since we can't change how it's coming to dealers and this is mostly a getting it off your chest post, is there something you would have had them omit to include it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes, it was asked. Yet another lazy poster that doesn't want to search and join another thread that beat this to death. Send your comments to Hyundai.
Sorry to vent but this forum is getting way too many posts of past discussions. I guess it's time to stop clicking on new posts.
Then skip the post. It is soooooo easy to ignore. As a matter of fact, it is easier to skip the post then be a.......

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
952 Posts
These are all points well made, and I'm sure there will be lots of other contributors but please remember, it's not a $50,000 car in the traditional way, it's a $30,000 car with a $20,000 battery.

Reactions: SalisburySam

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

When cars come to market it's an amalgamation of the best a brand can do for the money.

When I look at the USB-A ports and lack of wireless CarPlay I ask myself... would I rather not have the roof shade like a Tesla? Would I rather not have the ventilated seats like a Tesla? Would I rather not have the ability to add a rear parcel cover like a Tesla? Because that's how cars are made and designed. Would I rather have a single USB-A port like the leaf etc.

I can't really think of any of the features that were provided in lieu of wireless CarPlay I'd rather not have - and it's nice the one glaring omission is a) addable, and b) only $100. Vs all the creature comfort's competitors like the Tesla lack.

Since we can't change how it's coming to dealers and this is mostly a getting it off your chest post, is there something you would have had them omit to include it?
trunk net is a hard pass for me, also why put the port all the way on the bottom so the wire is 4 feet long when it could have been swiped out with one of the 2 charge ports

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, it was asked. Yet another lazy poster that doesn't want to search and join another thread that beat this to death. Send your comments to Hyundai.
Sorry to vent but this forum is getting way too many posts of past discussions. I guess it's time to stop clicking on new posts.
Have a xanie and calm down

·
Registered
19 Posts
TLDR: Infotainment units are typically not manufactured by the car company, and can take years to be updated.

This has been the case for a long time. At one point, the Genesis G80 only had Android Auto on the non-upgraded infotainment system.

It is currently unclear if the current head unit has the ability to add the capability with a software update, but it isn't likely.

·
Registered
11 Posts

And Tesla doesn’t even have wired CarPlay, let alone wireless.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 AWD - Galactic Grey - OZ Edition
98 Posts
I remember seeing a news article that Hyundai is totally changing to a new supplier for the entertainment/navigation system, just don't remember where! But that could explain the lack of some functionality. EVs are just like laptop computers, smart TVs and mobile phones etc - the technology is already obsolete when they are released.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 72,6kWh RWD Lucid Blue
370 Posts
They also forget to mention that Tesla reports all your car usage to the mothership :eek: Data is where the money is!!
And Hyundai doesn't?
Here in Sweden, the I5 is $10k cheaper than the competition, $15k cheaper than TMY (another car without ACP/AA).
I'm more annoyed by the wobbling HDA, than of a missing function that can be mitigated with a $75 gadget from Amazon.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD
409 Posts
Everyone is collecting data, hopefully the more of us using HDA the larger dataset Hyundai/Kia will have to improve it and not just use the data to sell us crap (looking at you Google/Amazon/Apple/Facebook).

I bought a wireless Carplay dongle but no longer use it as l it took too long to boot up, was laggy and used too much battery so I was plugging the cable/wireless charging anyway. Plugging a cable takes 5-10 seconds.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts