Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least once a week, if not more. I have to set the drive mode settings because the regenerative braking changes. Has anyone figured out why it's changing back to default?

·
Registered
264 Posts
At least once a week, if not more. I have to set the drive mode settings because the regenerative braking changes. Has anyone figured out why it's changing back to default?
I have the same issue. I have not tested yet to know the reason, but I think it may remember your last regen setting when you turned the car off and over write what you have saved. I will try to change mine back to 3 today and make sure it's on 3 when I shut it off and it stays. This has been annoying.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine stayed for about 30 days but now that winter has hit and I change it, it's back to not holding.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping it was just after charging but that's not the case for me. Although this morning after charging, it was at default. I don't get it. I'm not going in for warranty over this though lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you get a software update? How do I know what version I'm on?
I got the update at my local Hyundai dealer during a standard service, upgraded from version AE_EV.EUR.SOP.003.17.161212 to AE_EV.EUR.SOP.006.5.181002 and the problem you described disappeared. You can see the version in the systeminfo screen under settings (the cog button on the dashboard).

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine has been holding at 3 with no issues when I turn the car off at 3. Here is my software version. I did have that issue of it not staying for the first few weeks. Let me know what your software is for comparison. I wonder if Hyundai beams US software updates over the air to the cars?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
For the past week my Ioniq Limited defaulting to Level 1 regeneration multiple time per day! Prior to that it maintained saved settings (Level 2 for the normal mode). I am not sure what triggered this behavior. Wander if this is the sign that 12V battery getting weak.Here is my software version. I took delivery of the car this past October. It has less than 2000 miles. No issues otherwise.
IMG_4399.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ioniq electric limited, build date April 23, 2019, took delivery 11/2019 (photoshop invert of image)
manufacture date is on pillar frame, lower right driver's door

·
Registered
26 Posts
I note that no UK owners have commented yet. I have a 38kWh Premium, bought end of September 2019. The regen settings have never held after switching off. Resetting to 3 for urban driving is part of the 'ready to drive' process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm from Aus and picked up my 38 KWh Premium 3 days ago, so I'm still learning about the car (my first EV so please forgive my ignorance or if I have misinterpreted things). But in the delivery handover, they mentioned to me that anything I change while driving E.g regen settings will revert to the default, unless I actually "saved" them in the settings for the drive profile (E.g. the profile for ECO, Normal etc) while the car is turned on and in park. They changed one of the default regen settings for me that way and it has saved and not reverted.....I haven't read the manual yet, so can't confirm if that backs up what I was told or not......

·
Registered
232 Posts
I note that no UK owners have commented yet. I have a 38kWh Premium, bought end of September 2019. The regen settings have never held after switching off. Resetting to 3 for urban driving is part of the 'ready to drive' process.
Have you changed the defaults for each Drive Mode in the EV settings? This is different to changing them with the paddles.

I've changed the defaults and was driving earlier and have a suspicion they were reset to default. Been fine for the past 10 days. Will check later and provide an update.

If this is genuine happening, it's quite strange.. I suspect it could be an issue with the non-volatile memory chip. Could be something that's causing it to be corrupted and fail verification so it reverts to a backup but this would happen every time.

Has anyone noticed it happen after they've changed a different setting and then restarted the car?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had that happen a couple of times. I ran the main battery very low and assumed that was the reason. I have not had that happen again in a long time. I kept my main battery level above the red zone.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Probably more of a 12V battery issue, although the if the main traction battery drops too low, I suppose it could effect 12V charging if the traction battery gets into some critical low charge state. Also, as Metcast says, one would think driver settings would go into some "persistent" non-volatile memory that does not lose its settings, even if the 12V battery is disconnected (momentarily disconnecting the 12V battery for a "cold boot" is seemingly step one in trying to correct most EV glitches on many types of EVs).

It would be easy enough to check, just set some odd settings into one or more drive modes, disconnect the 12V battery for a few minutes, "reboot", and see if they go back default. Maybe I'll try it later. Not suggesting others do so, generally, "if ain't broke, don't try to fix it".

·
Registered
232 Posts
Have you changed the defaults for each Drive Mode in the EV settings? This is different to changing them with the paddles.

I've changed the defaults and was driving earlier and have a suspicion they were reset to default. Been fine for the past 10 days. Will check later and provide an update.

If this is genuine happening, it's quite strange.. I suspect it could be an issue with the non-volatile memory chip. Could be something that's causing it to be corrupted and fail verification so it reverts to a backup but this would happen every time.

Has anyone noticed it happen after they've changed a different setting and then restarted the car?
False alarm. Mine is fine

·
Registered
26 Posts
Strange. Have now checked. Have always been in ECO mode, looked at what the parameters said: Regen at 3. Didn't change anything. When I next drove, the Regen was on. On the return journey, after restarting, it was still on 3. Yet for over 1,200 miles I had to keep resetting to 3.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts