Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my name down for a first edition in Nocturne Grey. Waiting to hear back if I was one of the 2500 in Europe to get one. Don’t know how many were allocated to UK but heard Germany might be getting as many as 1000 of that total. Delivery expected march / April 23.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put my name down for a first edition in Nocturne Grey. Waiting to hear back if I was one of the 2500 in Europe to get one. Don’t know how many were allocated to UK but heard Germany might be getting as many as 1000 of that total. Delivery expected march / April 23.
I've applied for the same colour but was a bit late entering details as I was waiting for the initial presentation to re-direct me! Bit miffed that there is only Manual Speed Limit Assist and not the Intelligent Speed Limit Assist for such an expensive car

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've also requested a reservation, in Biophilic Blue Pearl.
Not expecting that I will get one, but if you don't try you don't get!
Do we think the allocation of cars is random or tied to when you sent the reservation request?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Do we think the allocation of cars is random or tied to when you sent the reservation request?
This is the first time that I have had to request a reservation.

Whenever else I have reserved a vehicle, I have had to hand over a wad of cash at the time of doing so, therefore I doubt that it is a first come, first served affair. Neither do I think it will be pulling straws out of a hat...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Well they did say it could be up to two weeks before the dealer contacts you.

I would hope that we will get a call regardless - either to say "Yeay, you've been chosen, now give us your money", or "Sorry mate, all allocations have now been made. But can I interest you in this nice little i20???"

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dealer called straight after the presentation to say he will be in touch when he knows the allocations and stock availability. I would imagine first come first served as there will be a a waiting list for cancellations. What time did you manage to get in your reservation? Mine was clocked at 9.22am. Hope it was not open at 9am! It said specifically from 9.30 after the presentation. I hope they honour the pop out handles as we got fleeced on ultimate 5s

·
Registered
37 Posts
It was 11:30am for me. I obviously spent too much time questioning to myself if it was the right switch to make from a Model 3 Performance 😅

·
Registered
859 Posts
The time stamp on the email acknowledgment I got back from Hyundai is 09:31.

Nothing from dealer as of yet, but as I said earlier, I am not expecting to be successful.

·
Registered
859 Posts
It seems Germany gets 1000.

But, the clincher is that you must sign a finance or lease agreement in order to be one of the select few. Cash buyers can consider themselves barred then.

screenshot from the German website (via translator);

Font Electric blue Number Parallel Document

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like 400 cars for the U.K.
If you go to Hyundai website and request a reservation on the FAQ's it says be one of the first 400.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just reading an article on inside EV and it claims that the ionic six sold out in less than 24 hours in Europe.

Hopefully that bodes well for anybody who submitted their request within one minute of the presentation ending :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
For A while after the launch presentation ended Hyundai’s UK website was not giving you the option of requesting a reservation.

Now, the website does give you the opportunity to request a reservation, and this has been the case for the last couple of days at least.

That says to me that not all of the available allocation had been snapped up, as they were perhaps expecting.

If, as suggested by the statement in the screenshot I post above, vehicle’s are allocated to those who were quickest, why keep the request line open if they had all been spoken for already?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts