Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 AE.3 ( all bells and whistles )
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello battery heads,
Are there a workshop manuals for the 2019 & 2020 EV available?
I desire to replace the front 'grill' and trim strip above it with the much prettier panels from the 2019 standard model.
Need to find out what lurks behind the front panels and if there is compatability between models to allow this cosmetic replacement.
And yes, I am unresonable - so save your abuse for people who still buy petrol engine cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,999 Posts
Not sure , but I wouldn't think so . Best ask the spares department at the dealership , they should be able to advise

·
Registered
324 Posts
What about the two shutters at the sides of the Hyundai logo? They may pose a problem. I think they are supposed to open automatically under certain conditions.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome @JustLeaveItAlone to the forum.

As an owner and very much an appreciator of the "Classic" Ioniq model myself, I can see where you're coming from and wish you success in your reversion, should you proceed.

Have fun learning, modding and enjoying that clean new ride of yours!

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,080 Posts
I actually prefer the new look. If I was in your area and had an older EV, I'd offer to spend the weekend doing a swap. It'll probably be a fun project.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure , but I wouldn't think so . Best ask the spares department at the dealership , they should be able to advise
Thanks Chunga but I've found service departs very wary about deviating from the standard service routines. That's why I'm hunting for the service manuals. Recently dismantled a Lexus GS450h hybrid and found the VERY EXPENSIVE workshop manuals a delight to use!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
biggest issue is the radar module behind the Hyundai logo on the grill, thats around £1200-1500 if i remember correct, so not something you want to break

other than that not sure if there are any other sensors behind it
Propose to use the current sensors but need to find out of there are any mounting issues. The body panels around the grill look identical. But it would be a bit of a chore taking off the front panel and lights to get to the grill and upper dress strip. But it's really just a "panel beating disassembly type issue".

·
Super Moderator
1,999 Posts
Thanks Chunga but I've found service departs very wary about deviating from the standard service routines. That's why I'm hunting for the service manuals. Recently dismantled a Lexus GS450h hybrid and found the VERY EXPENSIVE workshop manuals a delight to use!
That's why I put should in bold ...didn't say they would . BTW I prefer the old grille too :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts