Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where these speakers are located for the CHIRP while locking the door or BEEP while leaving the car ON without the key inside?

I know there's NO setting to turn it OFF but I would want to at least mute it with some form of baffle or put a rheostat so I can adjust the volume.

I'm starting to find them increasingly annoying.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
If the same as the Niro (most bits are), there is a small blue box near the left head lamp that is a speaker. This is easily unplugged with no annoying warnings from the dash. One potential downside is this is also the “car left on” warning. That could even be fatal if you are susceptible to leaving the car on and park in an attached garage. Lots of reports of that happening with keyless ignition cars.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
If the same as the Niro (most bits are), there is a small blue box near the left head lamp that is a speaker. This is easily unplugged with no annoying warnings from the dash. One potential downside is this is also the “car left on” warning. That could even be fatal if you are susceptible to leaving the car on and park in an attached garage. Lots of reports of that happening with keyless ignition cars.
I just watched a car review, I think for the Lincoln Aviator, which had an option in the settings for maximum idle time before the car would shut off. That's probably something that should be universal on keyless ignition cars, especially ones with auto stop-start or hybrids.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I will try to find where it is and muffle this speaker to a more civilized volume

1 - 4 of 4 Posts