Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not new, I've just been away but looks like a lot of the old crew are gone? Who's running things now? Looks like we've hugely increased in members and Ioniq drivers... That is not surprising.. its such a good car <3

Anyway i'm back because my lease is soon to be up again and I'm thinking of getting my 3rd IONIQ but this time contemplating electric over hybrid.. Will do another post to discuss..

IONIQ 5 is looking sexy as **** but a bit out of my price range! Anyone take it on the motorways yet? Is it quick, is it a power drain over 40mph?

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Premium SE PHEV
248 Posts
You must go and view the Ioniq 5. My first impression was of a large lump of a car, and I did not like the huge clam shell bonnet. I was disappointed to see this car for real. To me the lines were not sleek. NOT sexy, and it did not blow me away. The seats were extremely comfortable, but the two instrument panels seemed blocked to an extent by the steering wheel! I did not drive it. I'm sticking with my Ioniq Phev which I much prefer the look of. There you have it!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome back, are we going to get the benefit of your witty comments??

Regarding the forum, lot of the old names have gone (BDG, S Evans) or or post infrequently KnutSp and even Bluecar1.

Reactions: TKGDee

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Premium SE PHEV
248 Posts
Welcome back, are we going to get the benefit of your witty comments??

Regarding the forum, lot of the old names have gone (BDG, S Evans) or or post infrequently KnutSp and even Bluecar1.
Always happy to contribute. This was my genuine first impression of the 5... Body rather bland without any memorable distinctive detail. A big lump of a car. Doubt very much if it will turn heads.Sorry!
Anyway, good to hear from you DH

·
Registered
Hyundai 2017 Hybrid in Marina Blue
61 Posts
My view as well Maxima...I dropped my Hev off at the dealers recently for service and went into the showroom to see what all the fuss was about...Sorry but its hideous, a real ugly lump of metal. You`d have to be an enthusiast to buy one of these. Oh yes and vastly overpriced as well..I got the impression the sales staff were underwhelmed as well. Very happy with what I`ve got.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:LOL: you guys crack me up.. what a review. I have to say I felt the opposite at seeing it in person, I too was at the dealership recently and saw one. I didn't get in but I liked it.. Very futuristic.. kindda manly, a bit sexy 😁 I liked everything from the matt paint finish to the headlights and even lines in the body work. The only thing that took me by surprise was how short it is.. felt like something had sat on a big SUV and squished it.
No matter, it's outside of my price range thanks to inflation and general f*ckery that is this pandemic - I'm now mostly considering the EV due to stock availability, therefore price and running costs. I'll still lease so as the technology gets better I'll get to play with some more cars in a few years time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts