Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I can tell, this does not occur until the next trip occurs, or the next time the system is started.

For example, yesterday I took some friends down to Oxford, left the car for about 2 hours in the Park&Ride and then bought them back to Banbury, including a lunch stop. All run on hybrid to keep the car warm. At the end of the trip the console shows the averages as being about 65mpg, but I suspect that may be over the 1000 miles the car has driven.

Looked at the Fuel History when I got home, and again this morning without starting the system - no foot on the brake and no display on the console, just to get the Info system - and there was no entry. Pressed the start button again to start the system and then stopped it. Reloaded back to get to the info system and there was an entry.

Also think that there is a point in time during the day when it is saved separately rather than combined with the following trip in the day. So far, since I got the car I have recorded.

9 miles - 81.0 mpg - taking the car home on hybrid but with a lot of EV in the town.
3 miles - 28.1 mpg - mostly on my drive setting up the system to suit me.
46 miles - 96.3 mpg - trip to Bicester and back to Banbury on the M40, on hybrid, and the last 5 miles home on EV.
26 miles - 66.5 mpg - to trip to Leamington on hybrid on the M40.
28 miles - 57.2 mpg - return from Leamington on the same day, on hybrid via Shipston-on-Stour. So two recordings for the same day, but I did load the system during lunch.
13 miles - 47.7 mpg - shopping trip into Banbury and back, should have done this on EV but it was -4ºC.
67 miles - 63.7 mpg - trip into Banbury, then down to Oxford and back, and back home, all on hybrid.

OK, this looks good given that my old diesel was averaging around 45 mpg. Must start using it on EV for the short trips and then recharge at home.

·
Registered
Marina Blue HEV Ltd IONIQ from 25 Jul '17
1,865 Posts
As far as I can tell, this does not occur until the next trip occurs, or the next time the system is started.

For example, yesterday I took some friends down to Oxford, left the car for about 2 hours in the Park&Ride and then bought them back to Banbury, including a lunch stop. All run on hybrid to keep the car warm. At the end of the trip the console shows the averages as being about 65mpg, but I suspect that may be over the 1000 miles the car has driven.

Looked at the Fuel History when I got home, and again this morning without starting the system - no foot on the brake and no display on the console, just to get the Info system - and there was no entry. Pressed the start button again to start the system and then stopped it. Reloaded back to get to the info system and there was an entry.

Also think that there is a point in time during the day when it is saved separately rather than combined with the following trip in the day. So far, since I got the car I have recorded.

9 miles - 81.0 mpg - taking the car home on hybrid but with a lot of EV in the town.
46 miles - 96.3 mpg - trip to Bicester and back to Banbury on the M40, on hybrid, and the last 5 miles home on EV.
28 miles - 57.2 mpg - return from Leamington on the same day, on hybrid via Shipston-on-Stour. So two recordings for the same day, but I did load the system during lunch.
13 miles - 47.7 mpg - shopping trip into Banbury and back, should have done this on EV but it was -4ºC.
67 miles - 63.7 mpg - trip into Banbury, then down to Oxford and back, and back home, all on hybrid.

OK, this looks good given that my old diesel was averaging around 45 mpg. Must start using it on EV for the short trips and then recharge at home.
I assume you're referring to the "End of Trip" display that gets displayed for about 5 seconds after turning the car off.

This information resets after 4 consecutive hours of the car being in an "off" state.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts

Normal MPG is assumed over the tankful and will reset autmagically on filling the tank. Optionally an owner can set the consumption to apply to the cumulative mileage, but this is owner-option set through the controls on the dash.

`Spot` mileage is, as suggested, over a period when the engine/motor is not off for more than 4 hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts