Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I’ve ordered I5 Ultimate AWD Tech & Eco in Lucid Blue. Delivery pegged for Feb according to leasing company, which is what I was expecting, just wondering when communication around delivery dates are expected from Hyundai? I’m just checking our lease portal at the moment.

reading all the threads on this useful forum with interest. My first BEV so lots of questions. I chose the I5 mainly for the charging tech and the styling. I’m hoping we can get access to Tesla supercharger in the next 12 months to allow for quick and reliable distance charging.

this week I’m organising garage to accommodate wall box install and hope to choose a charger. Any recommendations in Sheffield/Yorkshire area welcomed for installlers.

Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered a car in August and have had no contact from the dealer yet. The last time I called them, they suggested my car would be built this month and I would be notified at that time.

I wouldn't bank on getting access to Superchargers just yet. I expect the initial roll out for a wider audience will be limited to a few sites, to see what the impact to existing customers is and tweak the customer experience. Maybe 2-3 years until we see wider availability, in my opinion at least.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Agreed - going to be a while till Tesla move to open access as it is a massive USP. They will move when they decide to become an energy company rather than a car company

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ionity Network is slowly getting better which will help a fair bit. I heard they want to have 20+ sites in the UK by late 2022. Also huge growth in BEV ownership this year will prompt an explosion of sites across the country to meet demand. My only peeve is not being able to reserve a slot when in close proximity like Tesla can do

·
Registered
12 Posts
My only peeve is not being able to reserve a slot when in close proximity like Tesla can do
Not sure where you've heard this but it isn't true. Teslas display the current occupancy of a Supercharger station, the car will show you e.g. 6 out of 12 chargers available. But no reserving of slots.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not sure where you've heard this but it isn't true. Teslas display the current occupancy of a Supercharger station, the car will show you e.g. 6 out of 12 chargers available. But no reserving of slots.
even that is better than everyone else .. that is what we need

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting thoughts on the timing of any broader supercharger availability. From what I’ve read there is nothing definitive other than an indication at a recent Tesla investor event but I’d like to hope it lands some point within my three year lease.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
454 Posts
Interesting thoughts on the timing of any broader supercharger availability. From what I’ve read there is nothing definitive other than an indication at a recent Tesla investor event but I’d like to hope it lands some point within my three year lease.
In the USA, I think opening the Tesla chargers depends a lot on if and when the current infrastructure bill in the House passes as written. The incentive for Tesla is part of $7.5 billion available to install EV charges. 🥕 To get any money your chargers must be open to more than one brand of car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If it does I suspect it will be towards the end of your lease! I think Tesla will need to be dragged kicking and screaming to share their network. Lotsa of practical issues apart from the actual agreement itself - sorting out payment, the fact the the Supercharger cables are very short and specifically designed/located for a car with a charge port on the left rear corner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts