Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know what wheels the Hybrid Premium is meant to come with have just received one on lease through work and seems to only have wheel trims rather than alloys? Have attached a couple of pictures.

Have asked the lease company but they are slow to reply.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Both is right ;) It comes with 15" alloys which have some plastic "design-flairs" attached. The plasticstuff at the 15" has also a fake carbonpattern.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome kingtoma

The 15" wheels are black powder coated alloys with aerodynamic wheel trims

I was surprised when I had to change a wheel

Please introduce yourself in th new member introduction thread

Was the Ioniq you choice or your works?

What are your thoughts on it now you have it?

What was your previous company car?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I went for the 17" alloys. More grip on wet and icy surfaces. Less grip on snow. However we get a lot more ice and rain than snow.

My own view is that the 17" wheels also fill out the wheel arches more. Me Likey.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Depends on if you want looks or fuel efficiency. For me, 15" is a must as the whole point of a hybrid is to get fuel efficiency. That is why I ended up going for an IONIQ rather than a Niro as that should in theory do about 7-8 mpg less than the IONIQ if weight and aerodynamics play their part.
When I asked 2 dealers why the wheels were covered in a nasty plastic they said "to keep the weight down" and make it more efficient.
The upside is if you kerb them, they will be cheaper to replace v true alloys (and easier to keep clean)!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
the wheel covers are part of the overall aerodynamic pack for the Ioniq, the little grills by the DRL's are supposed to direct air around the wheels in a more efficient manner.

you will see loads of plastic under the car as well to provide a smooth airflow under here as well

and to be fair even up close there look ok, it wasn't until I had to change a wheel I realised they were plastic covers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts