Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
Project 45 - Gravity Gold
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 · (Edited)
An update to my rear seat entertainment system {Yes - I know it sounds a bit dodgy}

I've now installed a 10" tablet on the rear headrest mount (hot-spotted to phone), to play prime & sky, & have the audio from this blue-toothed to a surround sound neck speaker.
I look forward to my lunch breaks even more nowadays - especially since I've learnt its quicker to control the car heating from the app whilst sitting in the back :cool:

{Don't normally have the laptop on as well - but it didn't want to miss the photo-op} - Is it possible to have too many screens?
Computer Car Vehicle Personal computer Motor vehicle

·
Registered
89 Posts
can you share what hardware you used? and is it controlled with a seperate remote?
Brand is Qauben bought from Amazon there are other brands don’t know if one is better than another but I’m perfectly happy with mine & yes they are controlled via separate remote/phone app.

·
Registered
MY22 Balance Vision RWD Cyber Gray
58 Posts
It should

i wanted to remove the Hyundai logo but looks like it is embedded! I hate branding ! I love the steering wheel because it doesn’t have H on it!
It actually does have an "H" - the morse code sign for "H" is ... four dots :)

Edit: Was reading the thread from the start and replied - and now came across that @KIONIQ5 (and others as well) had already stated this :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here are some logo doodles:

The ones on the left would have a silver trim to match the trim at the bottom of some models and the backgrund is matte black.

The ones on the righ are slightly rounded outward and the logos cut into the the material and filled with silver paint.

Thoughts?

View attachment 37623
They look great. Are they available for purchase? Do you know anyone who can make them? I just can’t find a way to replace the Hyundai badge at the front and rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ich habe nach einer Lösung gesucht, mein Handy sicher an der Magnetfläche links vom Lenkrad zu befestigen. Lange Zeit ohne Erfolg. Jedoch habe nun bei einer amerikanischen Marke eine sehr gute Lösung gefunden: Amazon.com
Output device Camera accessory Input device Lens Cameras & optics

Hält das geliebte Smartphone fest und in Position, auch bei Schlaglöchern oder starkem Beschleunigen / Bremsen.
Einfach Metallplättchen im Inneren der Telefonhülle kleben und fertig.
Bin sehr begeistert. :giggle:

Mod Note:- although not exclusively english and we do have some posts in members native languages (remember we are an international membership forum before reporting posts) a little use of google translate saves issues

translated text
"I was looking for a solution to securely attach my cell phone to the magnetic surface on the left of the steering wheel. For a long time without success. However, I have now found a very good solution with an American brand:

Holds the beloved smartphone firmly and in position, even with potholes or hard acceleration / braking. Simply stick metal plates inside the phone case and you're done. I'm very excited. :giggle:"

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited Digital Teal Green
553 Posts
I will buy a set from you as well (here in Sac), even though I don't have the car yet! 😉
Not sure how to economically make these. I was going to have a 3D print made to see how it fits, then if it was good I was going to have a set CNC machined out of aluminum and tumble polished (very pricey) and professionally painted for my car. I’d have to have a mask made for the background field so it could be two color. I was planning on making the background digital teal to match the color of my car so it looks like you are seeing through to the paint.

Let me see how difficult and costly these are to make first. 😉

161 - 180 of 205 Posts