Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
141 - 160 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Logo Wrapping is fairly easy, you can get those outershells, I really like how mine looked like afterwards...

On the display bezels, I heard one saying its coated, and therefore plastic wrapes as an example would not work ... :(
There is a link in this forum for eBay. You cover the logo from silver to black. The rest you get on AliExpress. I did not find any laser cut foils. I calculated the price for wrap but would be cheaper to repaint entire car.
here the link:
The stock logo 'shells' are glossy. I want mine to be matte, matching the Gravity Gold.
@powerranger what do you mean it would be cheaper to repaint the car? I only meant wrapping the white display bezels, not the entire car haha.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The stock logo 'shells' are glossy. I want mine to be matte, matching the Gravity Gold.
@powerranger what do you mean it would be cheaper to repaint the car? I only meant wrapping the white display bezels, not the entire car haha.
Fair enough, I have the matte grey, and I like to combination, but I also wrapped the lower parts of the car in glossy black, so it fits :)

But maybe its easier to repaint the glossy shells to matte yourself?

Should be fairly straight forward, a littlebit of sanding the surface and some matte paint

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
706 Posts
I wonder if the bezel could have the white border covered with the dark film that is used for tinting limo windows?

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 AWD - Galactic Grey - OZ Edition
17 Posts
The front and rear Hyundai Logos were the only two pieces of bright chrome on my Galactic Grey I5 and they really stood out visually. I researched options and found that there are removable paint coatings used by customisers etc. Found a Grey in Dupli-Color® Custom Wrap and tested on a scrap sheet of aluminium. Found it was easy to remove. Hint: Search for "removable paint car"

Here are some before, during and after pics of my I5's logos.

Front Logo before applying

Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Rear Logo being sprayed

Drinkware Liquid Fluid Bottle Drink

Front logo finished. TIP Use wooden toothpicks when removing the wrap between and around the logos.
Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

After 3 weeks and 3 wash session using a pressure washer with Bowdens foam products. There is no lifting of the wrap on the front or rear logos.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - AWD
34 Posts
Has anyone replaced the speakers or subwoofer yet?
There is this Youtube review of the Bose Audio in the i5 and if you look at the comments "Tom Cornet" has some info on the specs for the rear speakers and sub.
I have requested that he do an upgrade guide via video or pics. I too am keen to know about any audio upgrades people make. It might be worth starting a dedicated thread on the subject?

The most pertinent info is as follows:
"I’m not sure on the sub but the drivers in the doors are 17cm front and rear, i have yet to take the sub out, but i’ve seen pics online, sub is gonna be a 6’5 inch probably. Next i’m gonna order 2 front drivers and cabinets (just like the front doors, and see if i can make it fit) i want to order good set of 2 way pioneer units, but i’m afraid its gonna change the sound to much by mixing drivers, i don’t have acces to the dsp so :/ "

·
Registered
2018 Soul EV, Ioniq 5 reserved
27 Posts
Are the logos removable? I think I'd rather remove than repaint.

I like the dash wrap idea. If you've got more info on getting that done, it would be helpful.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 RWD 72,6 kWh Teal-Green
119 Posts

I like the dash wrap idea. If you've got more info on getting that done, it would be helpful.
They are not. They are indented and huge holes underneath… such a sad decision by Hyundai.

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
603 Posts
The “H” logo on the steering wheel would be pretty difficult to remove.

[presume you’re aware that 4 dots = letter H in Morse code]

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited Digital Teal Green
553 Posts
Here are some logo doodles:

The ones on the left would have a silver trim to match the trim at the bottom of some models and the backgrund is matte black.

The ones on the righ are slightly rounded outward and the logos cut into the the material and filled with silver paint.

Thoughts?

Automotive tire Product Font Tire Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have a how-to for properly installing aftermarket ambient lighting? With properly I mean with hidden cables and connected to the car's electronics instead of USB/Cigarette lighter.

141 - 160 of 205 Posts