Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
121 - 140 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq5 Ultimate AWD + Eco pack
53 Posts
My silly question of the day:
Do strong magnets in such close proximity to a phone interfere with the phone at all?
Yes, they can stop wireless charging and cause issues with NFC. Mounting the magnets in/on a case can render it useless for some day to day applications (NFC/Wireless charging) in my experience.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi,
Just pop off the door rubbers, wrap the cable in some felted tape then tuck it in from the front to the back and put the rubber back up. once the cables at the back pop off the rear boot cable grommet on the car side, remove the boots top plastic covering and poke the cable through from the car , through the grommet and into the boot lid. Its easier than it sounds but just be careful popping off the panel at the top of the boot lid as that rear glass will be a nightmare to replace.
Mate you hint with the cabletie worked like a charm!

Hidden behind the backmirror
Car Vehicle Wheel Sky Motor vehicle

But I might move it behind the mirror onto the black box, not sure yet...
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Window

and the door entry needs to be better, routed it below the mat and plugged it into one of the ports in the middle (when wireless carplay comes 🤞, it will be plugged there)
Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Hand Shoe Automotive tire Hood Eyewear

Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Car

And the back camera is missing, will do so at some other day...

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
We didn't have any fishing line so used a bit of dental floss! Gently placed it behind each letter in turn and used a sawing motion. Plays havoc with your fingers but with patience works well. the letters are held in place by sticky pads part of which is left behind. these can be carefully pulled away with your fingers which just leaves a sticky glue residue. I gave these a wipe with a Gorilla Wipe and it cleans off easily, then rinsed with water. Takes about 10-15 minutes.
I didn't want to use the 'just pull and hope' method as I didn't want the letters to break in case we want to reapply them or sell the car.
Will this effect the price of the vehicle when it comes to end of financial agreement?

·
Registered
Project 45 - Gravity Gold
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Will this effect the price of the vehicle when it comes to end of financial agreement?
That's was I was thinking, I'm trying to make sure all my 'mods' are simple & easily reversible come the point of sale
In 3 yrs time, when someone's looking for a very collectable Project 45, they wont want one with bits missing

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 and E-Niro 4+. (Previously, Polestar2, Tesla M3, Ampera, Ioniq)
255 Posts
We bought ourselves, but in short, I don't think so. The letters came off intact and are reusable. They are stuck to the car with sticky pads so with a little effort the letters could be used to create templates for replacement pads to be cut from a sheet. Quick Ebay search offers loads of choice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We bought ourselves, but in short, I don't think so. The letters came off intact and are reusable. They are stuck to the car with sticky pads so with a little effort the letters could be used to create templates for replacement pads to be cut from a sheet. Quick Ebay search offers loads of choice.
Off with those letters then! 👍🏽

·
Registered
Ionic 5
95 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lurker here. My i5 is a few weeks away. I was wondering, is it possible to build in ambient lighting for models that don't have it?
I mean there are some aftermarket eBay options, but I would prefer it if it looked integrated.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Lurker here. My i5 is a few weeks away. I was wondering, is it possible to build in ambient lighting for models that don't have it?
I mean there are some aftermarket eBay options, but I would prefer it if it looked integrated.
would love that, but to extend the included "ambient"light

·
Registered
Ionic 5
95 Posts
Actually the steering wheel does have an H
The 4 dots are the letter H in Morse Code!
It's a small fun Easter Egg.
sure you can if you are bit handy.
There are so many gadgets you can buy and pimp up your car. :) eBay is sucky go to source.
have a look at this
€ 2,36 54% Off | Okeen 1m/2m/3m/5m Neon LED Car Interior Lighting Strips Auto LED Strip Garland EL Wire Rope Car Decoration lamp Flexible Tube

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my to-do list when I get the car:
  • Logo wrapping
  • Ambient lighting (I have non lighting model)
  • Display bezels from white to dark grey/black, matching cars interior -> Does anyone have a solution for this? Maybe pre-made stickers/wraps?

·
Registered
221 Posts
  • Logo wrapping
  • Display bezels from white to dark grey/black, matching cars interior -> Does anyone have a solution for this? Maybe pre-made stickers/wraps?
Logo Wrapping is fairly easy, you can get those outershells, I really like how mine looked like afterwards...

On the display bezels, I heard one saying its coated, and therefore plastic wrapes as an example would not work ... :(

·
Registered
Ionic 5
95 Posts
  • Logo wrapping
There is a link in this forum for eBay. You cover the logo from silver to black. The rest you get on AliExpress. I did not find any laser cut foils. I calculated the price for wrap but would be cheaper to repaint entire car.

121 - 140 of 205 Posts