Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I liked the dual camera installation and wish to order it too, just not sure if the fuse is micro 2 or mini?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe the vanity ones are also 31mm festoon - but I don't really use those so haven't bothered to look to check or change them. Might do at some point just so they're all the same! But the boot was the major one for me, daily use with dog!
Hello.

Have you changed the Vanity Mirror to LED's? How on earth are the lamps removed?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
56 Posts
Hello.

Have you changed the Vanity Mirror to LED's? How on earth are the lamps removed?
The boot one came out by using a small plastic wedge to prise it out. I haven't looked at removing the vanity light as I don't really use those. But as the LED bulbs came in a pack of 2 and I have a spare I may look to see at the weekend if I can switch the driver side to LED. If anyone finds before an easy way to remove lamp let me know!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The boot one came out by using a small plastic wedge to prise it out. I haven't looked at removing the vanity light as I don't really use those. But as the LED bulbs came in a pack of 2 and I have a spare I may look to see at the weekend if I can switch the driver side to LED. If anyone finds before an easy way to remove lamp let me know!
Same here! Ive done the boot but the vanity lights are well secured. Manual indicates the glass (Plastic) is removed and not the unit but there in very tight!

If anybody does find the best way please do post.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Vanity Lights (In the head lining covered by the Sun Visors) are easy to remove. Go to the side where the on / off switch is located, put your fingernail between the headliner and the plastic of the light and pull down, then slide to the side to release. It does not require much pressure and they will pull down. There is a metal spring clip that holds it in and at the other end is a fixed piece of plastic that goes above the headliner to hold it in place, you slide that side in 1st when putting back in. I did not look at or take the existing bulb out, just had a quick minute to do this.

couple of pictures for you, Hope it helps

Metal Clip at the switch end of the light (Pull down here, it will not require much pressure)
Rectangle Auto part Beige Automotive lighting Office equipment

This is the bulb in the light, Slide the non switch end in 1st when replacing and just push the end with the metal clip up till it locks back in place
Dvi cable Circuit component Automotive lighting Rectangle Electronic component

Regards

Phil

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vanity Lights (In the head lining covered by the Sun Visors) are easy to remove. Go to the side where the on / off switch is located, put your fingernail between the headliner and the plastic of the light and pull down, then slide to the side to release. It does not require much pressure and they will pull down. There is a metal spring clip that holds it in and at the other end is a fixed piece of plastic that goes above the headliner to hold it in place, you slide that side in 1st when putting back in. I did not look at or take the existing bulb out, just had a quick minute to do this.

Metal Clip at the switch end of the light (Pull down here, it will not require much pressure)
View attachment 36144

This is the bulb in the light, Slide the non switch end in 1st when replacing and just push the end with the metal clip up till it locks back in place
View attachment 36145

Regards

Phil
Cheers Phil,

Much appreciated.

Is the size 31mm?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry, only had a minute or so to have a look and take the pictures so I didn't actually look at the bulb closely or measure it.......

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
56 Posts
Yes it's 31mm same as boot. Just changed mine, wow it's almost too bright with the same LED that I used for the boot light! But great very bright if you needed to stop and read something at night.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They look good.
Can someone do a definitive list of bulbs that are able to be swapped out for leds and which reliable bulbs to fit?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
56 Posts
They look good.
Can someone do a definitive list of bulbs that are able to be swapped out for leds and which reliable bulbs to fit?
Boot light and 2x vanity lights (under sun visor) - all are 31mm festoon

I used Eseastar 31MM Festoon LED Bulbs... Currently now out of stock at amazon (maybe all purchased by ioniq 5 owners!) They seem good quality and very bright, perfect for boot and good for vanity lights if you want a really strong light to read a map or book but maybe a bit bright if you wanted a softer light there.

·
Registered
Waiting for delivery of RWD 73KW Premium Ioniq 5
17 Posts
Boot light and 2x vanity lights (under sun visor) - all are 31mm festoon

I used these Eseastar 31MM Festoon LED Bulbs... Eseastar 36MM Festoon LED Bulbs 12V-24V C5W 6413 6418 6461 6486X DE3423 DE3425 Canbus Error Free for Car Interior Trunk Light and more,6000K White : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive They seem good quality and very bright, perfect for boot and good for vanity lights if you want a really strong light to read a map or book but maybe a bit bright if you wanted a softer light there.
Sorry don't wish to be picky but you said they were 31mm but link is to 36mm Bulbs?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
56 Posts
Sorry don't wish to be picky but you said they were 31mm but link is to 36mm Bulbs?
Well spotted thank you for letting me know, link now removed to avoid anyone ordering wrong one. 31mm now sold out and no longer listed, amazon defaulted to the 36mm when I copied the link from my order history. Maybe an idea to remove link from your quote above so nobody clicks it without reading the detail.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 in digital teal green
16 Posts

View attachment 36144

View attachment 36145

Regards

Phil
Works really well. Thank you. And looks so much better

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD + Tech + Eco GG
157 Posts
Well spotted thank you for letting me know, link now removed to avoid anyone ordering wrong one. 31mm now sold out and no longer listed, amazon defaulted to the 36mm when I copied the link from my order history. Maybe an idea to remove link from your quote above so nobody clicks it without reading the detail.
Just ordered these oneshttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Festoon-Re...+led+car+bulb&qid=1634402605&sprefix=3&sr=8-3
Hope I don't blow fuses installing them as I've done before!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hmm what? I meant the black logo covers that I quoted. :D
As it was raining today, I will do it tomorrow, but at the end the task sounds really simple, some silicone (came with the covers) on the inside of the covers, and pressing them firmly on the logo and that should be it... (on the pictures here, I just put them on to see if they really fit and if I would like them)

81 - 100 of 107 Posts