Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 and E-Niro 4+. (Previously, Polestar2, Tesla M3, Ampera, Ioniq)
131 Posts
How did you remove the Ionic 5 sign? I'm thinking to remove also the H logo.
We didn't have any fishing line so used a bit of dental floss! Gently placed it behind each letter in turn and used a sawing motion. Plays havoc with your fingers but with patience works well. the letters are held in place by sticky pads part of which is left behind. these can be carefully pulled away with your fingers which just leaves a sticky glue residue. I gave these a wipe with a Gorilla Wipe and it cleans off easily, then rinsed with water. Takes about 10-15 minutes.
I didn't want to use the 'just pull and hope' method as I didn't want the letters to break in case we want to reapply them or sell the car.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 and E-Niro 4+. (Previously, Polestar2, Tesla M3, Ampera, Ioniq)
131 Posts
How did you remove the Ionic 5 sign? I'm thinking to remove also the H logo.
The letters are easy as they are stuck to glass/plastic of some sort but which could scratch if a blade is used. The H logo is stuck to paint (presumably) so would be more difficult and may damage the finish underneath. The other unknown is whether the H is recessed in or simple stuck on a flat surface.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The letters are easy as they are stuck to glass/plastic of some sort but which could scratch if a blade is used. The H logo is stuck to paint (presumably) so would be more difficult and may damage the finish underneath. The other unknown is whether the H is recessed in or simple stuck on a flat surface.
From the photos it appears to be in a large recessed oval.

·
Registered
Project 45 - Gravity Gold
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Saw a Korean factory I5 assembly video, and pretty sure the bonnet had a big recess for the badge

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
This is my 3rd & hopefully final attempt to get the magnet density right on the back of my phone cover.
I tried it with 10x 1mm thick N52s a couple of weeks ago, but to be honest it moved around under acceleration.
This time I've gone for 15x 1.5mm thick N52s - tested out on a drive & the phones not going anywhere this time - its solid.
(Note that after superglueing the magnets in place, I applied a film of sellotape so they don't mark the back of the phone)
Also tried out new usb data lead (with angled connectors) to see if that solved the problem with some Android Auto apps not working - that's a big NO (but it looks better) :)
Rectangle Guitar accessory Line Material property Font

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Audio equipment Gadget

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Font Gadget Automotive tire

·
Registered
131 Posts
Has anyone tried just applying sticky velcro pads to the back of the phone case and seeing if it holds on to, but does not damage, the fake speaker material ??

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Has anyone tried just applying sticky velcro pads to the back of the phone case and seeing if it holds on to, but does not damage, the fake speaker material ??
Pretty sure that Velcro by its nature would rip away at the panel whenever pulled away.
I'm going to stick with magnets - pun intended :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a spare hard plastic case with the soft sides where you slide your phone into the case, I also had a few spare magnets lying around so did similar to Restyler but stuck the magnets on the outside of the case, i now leave this in the car and just take my phone out of its normal case and slip it into the one on the side of the dash, Magnets hold really well and the phone does not move, when finished just slip it back into my normal case (takes all of 20 seconds, as my phone is now in a similar case to the dash one but with a cover over the screen).

I did not want to put any magnets on the case that the phone is normally in as I use wireless charging quite a bit, so this was an option

Azure Wood Door Grey Rectangle

Magnets stuck on the back of the case
Art paint Paint Azure Wood Painting

case now stays on the right of the dash, just slip the phone in when in the car. (No phone in the case as it's taking the picture :))
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Trunk Grille

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Quite a nice take on it - as you say, it only takes a few seconds to slip it into the spare case.

I also tried using mine as a dashcam in this position but found it had quite a limited field of view, so I'll be fitting a proper dashcam in the next few weeks, which quite a few on here have already done.
:cool:

61 - 80 of 107 Posts