Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
741 - 760 of 778 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I finally got around to figuring this out using my Motorola MA1 Wireless Adapter, Andriod Auto, and my Samsung Note 20 Ultra (with some sideaded apps recommended from a YouTuber, and NO root/jailbreak was required):

Streaming Movies from my personal backup collection and doing some light Gaming on Call of Duty. This gives me something to do while charging or waiting for the wifey when she shops (both take some time 😅).

Here's my installation video with test results 👇

What are you doing for your media solutions?
Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part
Plant Vehicle Speedometer Car Gear shift

·
Registered
Project 45 - Gravity Gold
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #742 ·
......What are you doing for your media solutions?
I thought the Motorola ma1 was able to work with an android phone straight out of the box?
(I can see the photos but can't see your installation video?)

I'm just playing movies etc straight from the central dongle slot which seems to work with most file formats

·
Registered
34 Posts
I thought the Motorola ma1 was able to work with an android phone straight out of the box?

I'm just playing movies etc straight from the central dongle slot which seems to work with most file formats
Good question. MA1 allows wireless Andriod Auto/Apple Carplay (removing the wire). Andriod Auto/Apple Carplay do not allow video/gaming/non-approved apps that distract from driving e.g. YouTube, Netflix, Webrowsing while the car is static or in motion (only handsfree streaming such as Spotify, Pandora, etc.). Now I can run anything regardless with this mod. You could run straight off a Dongle, but this allows me to stream wirelessly off of the MicroSD/Internal Storage off of my Phone, or run apps like Plex, Samsung Desktop apps, etc. that Andriod/Apple won't let you run through their app.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
736 Posts

USA models the Infotainment system is not able to play video files directly. We're too stupid and would crash our cars.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
997 Posts
Just added an inexpensive OBDII splitter which comes with the little harness and clips so the OBDII port looks unoccupied but the ABRP dongle is connected to the other end of the Y tucked up into the space around the fuse box, very nice!

Also upgrade to the 70mai front and rear setup from the generic dashcams I was using, still the best quality/setup/App experience I've seen on a dash cam, happy to have three variations on the cars!

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
966 Posts
Just added an inexpensive OBDII splitter which comes with the little harness and clips so the OBDII port looks unoccupied but the ABRP dongle is connected to the other end of the Y tucked up into the space around the fuse box, very nice!

Also upgrade to the 70mai front and rear setup from the generic dashcams I was using, still the best quality/setup/App experience I've seen on a dash cam, happy to have three variations on the cars!
Sounds good. Details & photo of ODB2 device would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, Lucid Blue with Gray/White Interior
153 Posts
Can you explain what the use of ABRP dongle attached to the OBD II port is? I have the ABRP app on my iPhone.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5, Preferred Long Range RWD, 77.4 kWH, Phantom Black
321 Posts
My first performance suspension mod on my HI5 SE AWD: Aluminum Strut Tower Bar arrived here from Korea (KDM part). Installation was a breeze, with the toughest part being the alignment and applying the appropriate torque to all the nuts and bolts, as well as the fitment and placement of the Aluminum bar. The initial test drive was like night and day around corners and curves (I definitely feel more confident and have more speed in the turns) versus stock handling which was squirmy at the limit. It's night time over here in LA, so I will test more tomorrow during the day. I will post the installation video reel afterwards for those interested. See pics below 👇

Install and test video 👇

Link to Item 👇

What's a Strut Tower Bar 👇

View attachment 44386 View attachment 44387 View attachment 44388 View attachment 44389 q View attachment 44390 View attachment 44391
What is the torque specs for bolts on the tower strut?

·
Registered
102 Posts
1st: Very simple retro Ioniq themed Belkin MagSafe Vent mount. Stays put and holds phone well in horizontal only orientation.😉 2nd: removing badging, unfortunately can’t remove Big H’s 3rd: 20% tint
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive mirror Output device Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire Gas

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

741 - 760 of 778 Posts