Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
721 - 740 of 778 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
EDIT: Was not 100% satisfied with how dark the dye was so I went to my loca Walmart and got “Pro Tuff Outdoor Fabric” and wrapped the pad using adhesive spray and super glue. Please see added pics.

Got this done today. Matte option for black bezel. Another customer mentioned that the adhesive on screen protector was weak so I used extra painter’s tape and made sure to rub bezel extra hard to get good adhesion.

Edit: Use fabric and wrap pad instead. Looks much better. Do not use dye.

How I installed screen protector:

Purchase black bezel screen protector here: Ioniq5 Screen Bezel Protector from BestEvMod (LHD)

Gear shift Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Steering part

Rectangle Gas Composite material Font Metal

Automotive design Gadget Gesture Steering part Finger
Plant Speedometer Automotive design Vehicle Steering wheel
Vehicle Trunk Automotive design Personal luxury car Motor vehicle
Automotive design Steering wheel Motor vehicle Steering part Personal luxury car
Gear shift Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Steering part
Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle Car seat cover
Rectangle Gas Composite material Font Metal
Automotive design Gadget Gesture Steering part Finger

Plant Speedometer Automotive design Vehicle Steering wheel

Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle Car seat cover

Vehicle Trunk Automotive design Personal luxury car Motor vehicle

Automotive design Steering wheel Motor vehicle Steering part Personal luxury car

Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Grey Gadget Font Rectangle Beige

Automotive tire Gas Font Automotive wheel system Machine

·
Registered
Tucson 2022 N-Line Plug-in Voll. Ioniq 5 EV Mod.2023 Schw./Schw. Bestellt 05/2022 Liefertermin 05/20
14 Posts
Setzen Sie dies auf den Magnethalter auf dem Armaturenbrett. Fügen Sie dies hinzu, um Ihre Ladekarten in ... Oktopussaft zu halten, laden Sie meine Hyundai- und andere Karten auf.
Für alles andere ist mein Portemonnaie zu voll!
View attachment 35426
[/ZITIEREN]
Hallo, kannst du mir sagen von wo du diese Kartenbox hast, Bestellnummer? Händler? wäre super nett, bisher habe ich diese noch nirgends gefunden, Grüße Christian

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
179 Posts
Got this done today. Matte option for black bezel. Another customer mentioned that the adhesive on screen protector was weak so I used extra painter’s tape and made sure to rub bezel extra hard to get good adhesion.

Dyed the magnetic pad black. Has some sort of waterproof coating on it so I used the dye straight out of the bottle and rubbed it in while wearing gloves. Black looks darker in person. Pad pops right out using plastic trim removal tool.

Purchase black bezel screen protector here: Ioniq5 Screen Bezel Protector from BestEvMod (LHD)

Black dye: https://a.co/d/iXM3IVZ

View attachment 44254
View attachment 44256
View attachment 44257 View attachment 44251 View attachment 44252 View attachment 44253 View attachment 44254 View attachment 44255 View attachment 44256 View attachment 44257
View attachment 44251
View attachment 44255
View attachment 44252
View attachment 44253
Looks great. Wondering how long it took the dye to dry?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks awesome! And exactly what I wanted to do next.

@ReyWithAnE

Thanks for posting pics too. What was the technique that you used to remove the plate?
I used a pointy plastic trim removal tool. Might want to use painter's tape around the edge to prevent from damaging the trim. I stuck it in one the left side about 1 inch above the bottom corner and it pops right out. Here's a VIDEO.

·
Registered
Ultimate | Lucid Blue
429 Posts
I used a pointy plastic trim removal tool. Might want to use painter's tape around the edge to prevent from damaging the trim. I stuck it in one the left side about 1 inch above the bottom corner and it pops right out. Here's a VIDEO.
Thank you very much! The video was the key. I was able to remove mine in short order using a putty knife. Tinting is next.

Edit: And done: I was originally going to overlay the panel with black cloth as ReyWithAnE did above but I ended up just spray painting the cloth black instead.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Automotive design

Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Car Automotive design

·
Registered
179 Posts
EDIT: Was not 100% satisfied with how dark the dye was so I went to my loca Walmart and got “Pro Tuff Outdoor Fabric” and wrapped the pad using adhesive spray and super glue. Please see added pics.

Edit: Use fabric and wrap pad instead. Looks much better. Do not use dye.

View attachment 44254
View attachment 44256
View attachment 44257 View attachment 44251 View attachment 44252 View attachment 44253 View attachment 44254 View attachment 44255 View attachment 44256 View attachment 44257
View attachment 44251
View attachment 44255
View attachment 44252
View attachment 44253
View attachment 44284
View attachment 44285
View attachment 44286
Love what you did getting the Pro Tuff fabric.

How are you finding the glare with the matte finish?

I got the gloss but there is too much glare and I am going to remove it.

·
Registered
Ultimate | Lucid Blue
429 Posts
I think the issue with matte is that it's too reflective inwards so the display has to set to 100% to get the light to shine through. I think the best bet is to get an overlay with just the border. Leave the screens open.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5, Preferred Long Range RWD, 77.4 kWH, Phantom Black
321 Posts
I think the issue with matte is that it's too reflective inwards so the display has to set to 100% to get the light to shine through. I think the best bet is to get an overlay with just the border. Leave the screens open.
Sharp x-acto knife to cut out window if daring enough?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I do notice a blue tint to it during the day. There are less noticeable fingerprints. As far as needing to turn the brightness all the way up to see, I personally have not needed to, and I keep my settings in dark mode. I’ll try to take a video during the day and post it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I do notice a blue tint to it during the day. There are less noticeable fingerprints. As far as needing to turn the brightness all the way up to see, I personally have not needed to, and I keep my settings in dark mode. I’ll try to take a video during the day and post it.
I only use dark mode at night but let me try dark mode during the day and see if it makes a difference. Thanks

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited Digital Teal Green
754 Posts
We have an anti-glare film on our Tesla screen. Had to turn the brightness up a bit on it too. Will be applying my film on my Ioniq 5 later today.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I only use dark mode at night but let me try dark mode during the day and see if it makes a difference. Thanks
So I noticed no difference in dark mode as well as no difference adjusting the screen brightness.
I did notice that the glare is most bothersome when I have a passenger in the front seat (I see them reflected on the screen), otherwise it is tolerable.
Will be driving tonight and curious to see how it is with night time driving.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My first performance suspension mod on my HI5 SE AWD: Aluminum Strut Tower Bar arrived here from Korea (KDM part). Installation was a breeze, with the toughest part being the alignment and applying the appropriate torque to all the nuts and bolts, as well as the fitment and placement of the Aluminum bar. The initial test drive was like night and day around corners and curves (I definitely feel more confident and have more speed in the turns) versus stock handling which was squirmy at the limit. It's night time over here in LA, so I will test more tomorrow during the day. I will post the installation video reel afterwards for those interested. See pics below 👇

Install and test video 👇

Link to Item 👇

What's a Strut Tower Bar 👇

White Hood Light Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wood Rectangle Automotive exterior Gas Font
Hood Automotive lighting Trunk Motor vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
q
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior Gas
Asphalt Font Mode of transport Plant Line

·
Registered
34 Posts
No before and after? How big of a difference do you feel like it makes?
To be fair, I should have perfomed a before and after to be objective like you said. Who knows, the HI5 stock could probably do the same (and a better driver might pull a higher G with better tires). I can only go by feel at this point, and it felt more solid, so I am satisfied. If I get unlazy, I may retest stock (or perhaps another user can test) 😅

721 - 740 of 778 Posts