Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD + Tech + Eco GG
157 Posts
It is intuitive and I don't press many buttons apart from the one on the steering wheel to tell Google what I want it to do e.g. play particular music, navigate somewhere, get a weather forecast, send a message, make a call, etc... all of this time, both hands are on the wheel.

I've had it in my previous two cars and it's one of the things that I first look for in a new car (and certainly miss it when I'm in a car without it).

·
Registered
Project 45 - Gravity Gold
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I'll have to look into it more, maybe see which method is least distracting whilst driving.
Hopefully someone will make a video better explaining its advantages.

...and where's this "Google Button" on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD + Tech + Eco GG
157 Posts
It's the voice recognition button

Output device Communication Device Gadget Font Audio equipment

Best thing to do is give a go.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Every days a schoolday :) - I'm still trying to find where they've hidden the Cruise Controls "Resume" button?

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 2021, Special Edition LR RWD, Galactic Grey
79 Posts
The "Resume" button is the same button that you use to change speed for the ACC. Push it to pause/resume the Cruise Control.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
56 Posts
I have changed the boot lamp to an LED one to match the rest of the interior lights in the car. Much brighter, and a nice white colour now rather than the dim yellow lamp they installed. Just require a 31mm LED festoon bulb. You can find the one in my picture from amazon (Eseastar 31mm festoon LED canbus error free), I went for one that I thought looked decent quality rather than the cheapest.

Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grey
Automotive lighting Liquid Fluid Audio equipment Gas

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have changed the boot lamp to an LED one to match the rest of the interior lights in the car. Much brighter, and a nice white colour now rather than the dim yellow lamp they installed. Just require a 31mm LED festoon bulb. You can find the one in my picture from amazon (Eseastar 31mm festoon LED canbus error free), I went for one that I thought looked decent quality rather than the cheapest.
Brilliant! I was baffled by the fact that all the bulbs in the car are LED, expect the vanity light (perhaps understandable) and the boot light.. I will definitely be doing this.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
56 Posts
Brilliant! I was baffled by the fact that all the bulbs in the car are LED, expect the vanity light (perhaps understandable) and the boot light.. I will definitely be doing this.
I believe the vanity ones are also 31mm festoon - but I don't really use those so haven't bothered to look to check or change them. Might do at some point just so they're all the same! But the boot was the major one for me, daily use with dog!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just had a Nextbase 622GW 4K Dash Cam and rear camera installed in the car, and just fitted a Bluetooth Battery Monitor to the 12 volt battery.

Automotive lighting Vision care Goggles Eye glass accessory Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Could you put up some photos of the dashcam installations, and be great if you have any info of how they were connected up to the fuses 👍

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just had a Nextbase 622GW 4K Dash Cam and rear camera installed in the car, and just fitted a Bluetooth Battery Monitor to the 12 volt battery.
Any insight on getting the rear cam cable across into the rear hatch, and where to position the camera? I've done this on other cars by fishing the through the rubber boot that bridges the gap between the top of the hatch and the roof. Hoping that will work on the Ioniq 5, too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Guys, Sorry didn't get any photos of the installation, just left the mobile tech guy to do his thing. However from what I saw, the dash cam is fitted to the left side of the mirror / car camera housing, slightly down the window to avoid most of the camera picking up the Car camera housing, he said that fitting on the right could be problematic.

The wiring was run up into the headlining and to the right, then down to the fusebox via the drivers side "A" pillar, be careful about running cable behind the airbag, cable must be secured properly so to not interfere with the airbag (apparently taking off the "A" pillar is easy to do but does need a little force), he also took off the rubber door strip as well.

The cable for the rear camera was run in the headlining, pulling the door rubbers off gave good access apparently (all the cables were secured above and behind all the airbags) so they would not be caught if any airbags deployed. The cable was run to the rear of the car (drivers side) and down through the rubber cable sleeve (don't know the proper name, the black rubber tube cables are run through from the body work to the rear hatch), this was then run to the centre of the screen out through the plastic trim at the top of the door to the rear camera.

He said that it did not appear to affect any DAB signals when he tested it, but there is enough cable exposed (less than 3cm) going to the rear camera to allow the "choke" that is supplied in the box to clip around the cable if I encounter any problems later.

This was all wired to a spare fuse location (see picture) so when car started, camera starts recording, when turning off and exiting the car, the camera will go into the sensor parking mode, so it is not recording all the time (you can have an additional battery fitted if you want just for parking mode but I didn't bother) this mode only records when it detects something and uses the camera's internal battery only.

All in all (minus all the discussion about the car 😄) it took about an hour and a half and the cost was £90

Sorry I cannot go into more details, I know that the camera's work just fine and I was really happy with the work and how it was done

Some photos
Front camera to the left dropped down screen slightly to avoid camera just recording the cars camera housing

Window Mirror Automotive mirror Automotive lighting Sky

View from outside, hard to take photo due to sun and angle
Water Hood Window Windscreen wiper Vehicle door

Rear camera
Wood Rectangle Building Material property Brick

From the outside
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Sunroof Head restraint

Fuse Box (This was a spare fuse position, only live when ignition on I believe)
Trunk Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper

Another shot of the fuse box
Eyelash Font Audio equipment Electronic device Technology

Hope this is of some benefit to somebody, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

regards

Phil

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Excellent write up, I'll have a go fitting mine to the front in a few weeks.
Not going to bother with the rear due to lack of wiper.
(y)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Restyler, sorry never put it in the write up (Now added), he took off the drivers side "A" pillar and the rubber door strip (apparently easy to do but does need a little force) when running your cable see note about securing cables behind and out of the way of the airbag in the "A" Pillar

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
These are what I'm going to be ordering for the Mk2
-EDIT-
I actually went for some N52s on Ali-express for around £7.50 - Bargain if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks
10 x 25mmx10mmx1mm
View attachment 35376
So the thin N52 Magnets I ordered took 2 weeks to arrive & I superglued them to the back of a new phone cover earlier today.
Rectangle Font Line Material property Red

I'm still peeling bits of glue off my fingers, but it worked quite well

Car Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle door Gas Audio equipment

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Guys, Sorry didn't get any photos of the installation, just left the mobile tech guy to do his thing. However from what I saw, the dash cam is fitted to the left side of the mirror / car camera housing, slightly down the window to avoid most of the camera picking up the Car camera housing, he said that fitting on the right could be problematic.
regards
Phil
Fabulous! Thank you so much!

41 - 60 of 107 Posts