Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Project 45 - Gravity Gold
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was rooting around looking for somewhere to attach a 12v charger plug, (for a 12v smart charger), and I saw this square hole just under the front plate.
With a torch I could make out the radiator, but sitting in front of that was something that looked like either an electrical connector or valve - sitting around 8-10cm back.
So this hole is its access point, but anyone had a prod around to see what it is?

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gadget Rim

Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD Ultimate Tech+Eco Cyber Grey
Not sure what the hole is. But I do recognise the post code! 馃槈

Registered
I saw someone mentioned that it's for the external temperature sensor
Gives me an idea.
EVs seriously underperforms in range when it鈥檚 cold, like here in Sweden during the winter.

What if I plug a hair dryer into the V2L, and fasten it to the front to blow warm air into the sensor, thus tricking the car into thinking it is summer and drastically reduce the consumption.

Nobel prize, here I come馃憦馃

Registered
Gives me an idea.
EVs seriously underperforms in range when it鈥檚 cold, like here in Sweden during the winter.

What if I plug a hair dryer into the V2L, and fasten it to the front to blow warm air into the sensor, thus tricking the car into thinking it is summer and drastically reduce the consumption.

Nobel prize, here I come馃憦馃
That would be awesome

Registered
Might look a bit odd driving down the road like that, unless you stick a fluffy Garfield bum on the hairdryer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts