Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

561 - 563 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I drove down to Florida on a 2000 miles round trip and was averaging 50MPG with 3 people and full luggage. My total fuel cost was $96

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Fill up time! Two new records today:
  1. First time including two entire calendar months without a fill-up
  2. Lowest consumption in very cold and wet, or pure winter, conditions, ever (-7 C yesterday to 8 C in October)
Last fill up date: 2019-09-25 (75 days since)
Distance driven: 1602 km (995 miles)
Fuel volume today: 40.55 L (8.9 G-UK, 10.7 G-US)
Fuel consumption since last fill-up: 2.53 L/100km (168 UK-MPG, 93 US-MPG)

Mixed driving EV/HEV, no trips longer than 250 km this period, a few about 220 km motorway.
Also wife have been driving most of the distance. Dew/fogging has required ICE to run quite much on also the many within EV range trips, but try to avoid it as much as possible, while keeping sight and comfort fully acceptable.

Two things I sometimes do that are clearly bad for consumption:
  1. Very many very short trips (1-3 km) when wet or cold (dewing)
  2. High speed motorway driving (>110 km/h)
  3. + That I don't do, or very seldom: Hard acellerations
Low consumption also generally means (compared to pure fossil):
  1. Low toxic gas emissions
  2. Low climate gas emission
  3. Low noise emission
Conclusion:
Except from walking, cycling, local public transport/train - with usually substantially lower comfort and speed - driving an EV is the best choice (some disadvantages on long trips), then a well balanced and effective PHEV, like Ioniq, the second best. Pure fossils and planes are in the bad end of this scale.

Filling up this car is pure pleasure - even though it means I have burnt fossils, also economically. Just love this car, all of it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
With the plug-in mpg is not a very comparable number in my opinion.
But, I've done some long trips with relatively slow speed (90-100 km/h) on hybrid only mode and the number for now seems to be 3.8 l/100km (62 mpg according to google). Weather is cold and I wonder if that number will go low in the summer. I'll be happy if it does.

561 - 563 of 563 Posts