Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it's as good as the Hondas and Acuras I've owned in the past, it's worth considering. Hondas are generally known for quality built and high resale value. Plus it looks a lot better than the Prius too

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes it looks nice, whether is looks better than the Ioniq is a matter of personal preference. Being a Honda, it very likely will have higher resale value than then Ioniq. So there is lots to like. Comparing both base models, the Insight is more expensive, has lower MPG's, but is better equipped. All in all, it looks like a good package.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Comparing both base models, the Insight is more expensive, has lower MPG's, but is better equipped.
And if I compare the Ioniq Luxury trim to the Insight base model, the Ioniq Luxury is about $850 Canadian dollars more, so fairly close in price, is a little better equipped, and still have better MPG's than the base Insight. So I would say the Ioniq competes well with the Insight.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was a 33 year Honda Civic loyalist and for many years the Fit was my next car due to the price of hybrids. Funny is when I told the Honda sales guy, who was just previously selling Hyundais, that it was between the Fit and Ioniq he said hybrids are too pricey AND did not even mention the Insight :unsure: (he was obviously wrong about Ioniq pricing ;)

That aside, I much prefer more subtle, clean and functional design where the Ioniq is spot on. I have not been a fan of Honda’s design in recent years; e.g., Civic, Insight and even though I liked the Fit design, even its front got the meaningless bling treatment.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new Insight is a bit larger than the Ioniq. It's longer and has more rear passenger legroom and headroom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts