Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

681 - 686 of 686 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nope! :|
Was so very not impressed with that experience.

Switched it on with ACC 80mph down a pretty much straight dual carriage way and it was twitching my steering wheel everywhere. Hated the feeling. At one point when there was a bend in the road, I'm positive I could feel it swerving left and right between the road markings on my lane while attempting to keep me inside the lines. Did not enjoy! ?
Yeah you know it brother!
Friggin car is annoying as ****

·
Registered
14 Posts
Share what you did today with the Hyundai IONIQ community!

Example: Cleaned and re-arranged the garage to make space for the IONIQ. My wife's Elantra will be evicted effective after 12pm today >:)

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week.

Example: Gave it a wash and applied wax for paint protection.

Anything goes!
I took my 2019 PHEV Ioniq to the dealer today and had the charge socket locking mechanism replaced. It failed before Christmas and I have been unable to charge the battery for 6 weeks. This seems to be not uncommon so watch out for problems with locking and unlocking the cable and remedy before total failure. The car has been superb up until then. In early December took it to remote National Parks in New South Wales to see remarkable Aboriginal rock art sites. It survived a 48 degree day and many miles of dusty tracks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took my 2019 PHEV Ioniq to the dealer today and had the charge socket locking mechanism replaced. It failed before Christmas and I have been unable to charge the battery for 6 weeks. This seems to be not uncommon so watch out for problems with locking and unlocking the cable and remedy before total failure. The car has been superb up until then. In early December took it to remote National Parks in New South Wales to see remarkable Aboriginal rock art sites. It survived a 48 degree day and many miles of dusty tracks.
I have the same model, so wonder if its a model problem? Not locking and sometimes(!!) not charging intermittently for about a year] but has come to a head in the last 6 weeks. Had thought that by using SPORT mode I had overcome it, but now not charging (or locking socket), so should have this replaced at the annual service next week.
Like you, otherwise very happy. GC to Sydney on < a tank with 2-300km still remaining in HEV mode and around 3.9-4.1 L/100. Of course, ZERO L/100 around town for most of the time. I cannot understand why they are chasing out the PHEV version? Admittedly, Aust is in a unique position with long distances between our major cities, and country towns at the extreme of the PHEV battery range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same model, so wonder if its a model problem? Not locking and sometimes(!!) not charging intermittently for about a year] but has come to a head in the last 6 weeks. Had thought that by using SPORT mode I had overcome it, but now not charging (or locking socket), so should have this replaced at the annual service next week.
Like you, otherwise very happy. GC to Sydney on < a tank with 2-300km still remaining in HEV mode and around 3.9-4.1 L/100. Of course, ZERO L/100 around town for most of the time. I cannot understand why they are chasing out the PHEV version? Admittedly, Aust is in a unique position with long distances between our major cities, and country towns at the extreme of the PHEV battery range.
Yes, I have seen other people with the charge lock problem. I hope Hyundai have solved the problem in the replacement parts. Sad to hear that they are phasing out the PHEV. The dealer who sold me the car said that Toyota decided not to introduced the Prius PHEV version in Oz because market surveys suggested that people would bother to plug it in. Can't believe people are that lazy and happy to waste petrol around town, rather than use the sunlight that cascades off my roof. It's a shame that the Ioniq can't use DC fast chargers as they are appearing in the bigger country towns now.

681 - 686 of 686 Posts