Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

661 - 680 of 699 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE Black
183 Posts
Added this light element to the dashboard, as I liked the look of the light in the MY2020 dashboards.

Completely reversible, no modification done to the existing dash.

It's not as bright as the photo suggests, but not too dim either.

Edit: Added daytime photo

·
Registered
142 Posts
That looks really good. Can you elaborate on what you used and how you did it?

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE Black
183 Posts
That looks really good. Can you elaborate on what you used and how you did it?
Sure thing. I got this from eBay: 6m RGB LED Car Atmosphere Lamp Interior Ambient Light Strip Phone APP Control | eBay

It's cheap and has an app to control the brightness and the exact colour that you want :) Installation is super simple, just pop off the side panels of the dash using a plastic tool of some kind, get the wires and optic cable tucked inside that part and then it's pushed into the panel gap along the front of the dash from one end to the other. The only thing I didn't do, so as to not modify the car like splicing into 12v power wires, is use a cable to power it off of USB instead of the bare wires they give you.

This is the same kit as in this video:

·
IONIQ Electric, SE (w/ CCP) 2018.
897 Posts
Can you provide a photo of what it look like in the light/day?

·
897 Posts
Well, Alex went into the body shop to have her second windscreen replacement. They only had her for 6 hours but still, I'm happy to have my baby back good as new.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Ultimate
15 Posts
Added this light element to the dashboard, as I liked the look of the light in the MY2020 dashboards.

Completely reversible, no modification done to the existing dash.

It's not as bright as the photo suggests, but not too dim either. View attachment 32908

Edit: Added daytime photo

View attachment 32913
Wasn't looking super closely and I was trying to figure out what you did cause the lights look like my 2020 so I didn't even notice it wasn't one 😂

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Ultimate
15 Posts
Well, Alex went into the body shop to have her second windscreen replacement. They only had her for 6 hours but still, I'm happy to have my baby back good as new.
What happened to your windshield?
I just ordered a replacement for mine. Had the car for 2 months and it got hit by either a stone or piece of asphalt on the highway right at the edge of the glass on the driver's side and it cracked. I drive on gravel roads daily and took the highway for my commute because it was snowy. The plow had just been by and we're out in the country so they mostly put down a sort of sand mixture instead of salt and sometimes I swear it's mostly gravel. I decided to name the crack Karen.

·
897 Posts
What happened to your windshield?
My daily commute includes about 30km on the infamous Hwy 17 perimeter road. The actual road and route are great and it's very efficient in terms of speed. But, it's also a major trucking artery and so there is always gravel and debris on the shoulders. Both times a stone/small rock was flung at my windshield from a vehicle (semi) coming the other way. Both times the resultant damage was a bullseye-star. The first one took months to eventually crack and need replacing. The second one was almost immediate.

Unfortunately, our local traffic rules prohibit fixing windscreen chips that are in the drivers line of sight. Line of sight being broadly defined as "on the drivers side", which is such a crock as my chips were both extremely low on the windscreen and were only in the line of sight of my bonnet/hood. Needless to say, I'm sure if I was able to fix the original chip, I'd still have that windscreen. Thankfully, windscreen replacements don't count again my no claim bonus, so I'm just out the $200 deductible. Not great, but better than the $1200 extra my insurance shelled out on top of that each time.

I also have several small paint chips on the front of the vehicle from similar incidents. :( Those are not as cheap to fix and will count against my no claim bonus, so I've left them - for now.

OB

·
Registered
39 Posts
That copper stripe looks like the interior accents on the Electric model. Did you get the rims custom painted?
They are Alloygator rim protectors. They come in different colours. These are almost the right copper colour that matches the copper accents of the EV. Not quite but close enough for me. I like the way they look. The rims are by Fast.

·
Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
216 Posts
Took a picture RIGHT NOW ???

·
Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
216 Posts
Have put my 2019 38 kWh Ioniq Premium up for sale on Autotrader. Rather sad to do this, but the ID.3 has a better range by about 40 miles (important, as my 160 mile trip is at the limit in winter), and faster charging (nice to have, not that I'll be using this much). I suspect the ID.3 will depreciate less quickly thanks to these 2 advantages, despite the many disadvantages elsewhere that I've discussed at length in here. Here's a pic!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Share what you did today with the Hyundai IONIQ community!

Example: Cleaned and re-arranged the garage to make space for the IONIQ. My wife's Elantra will be evicted effective after 12pm today >:)

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week.

Example: Gave it a wash and applied wax for paint protection.

Anything goes!

Example: Cleaned and re-arranged the garage to make space for the IONIQ. My wife's Elantra will be evicted effective after 12pm today >:)

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week.

Anything goes!

Anything goes!
Kicked it in the tire for constantly locking the doors all the F'n time!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have put my 2019 38 kWh Ioniq Premium up for sale on Autotrader. Rather sad to do this, but the ID.3 has a better range by about 40 miles (important, as my 160 mile trip is at the limit in winter), and faster charging (nice to have, not that I'll be using this much). I suspect the ID.3 will depreciate less quickly thanks to these 2 advantages, despite the many disadvantages elsewhere that I've discussed at length in here. Here's a pic!
View attachment 33153
Good move!
Glad to hear you're buying a real EV.
I hope to do the same.

661 - 680 of 699 Posts