Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

621 - 640 of 649 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai IONIQ Electric Premium
783 Posts
Let us know why the battery died - I know I would like to know. Thanks. Fred
I guess that the cappacity is on its return after three years driving and running with a dashcam. Next maintenance I'll have it tested.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not exactly what I have done to my car, instead I show you what me and my father have done to my garage in order to park without colliding.
My garage it's a little short, the car fits now that we have removed a wall of bricks that was on the back, so in order to not collide when in reverse we have installed some boards screwed to the floor that stop the car when the wheel collides with them.
It's exactly the distance needed in order to open the trunk without problems and to close the door of the garage without touching the front of the car.

Maybe it's usseful to anyone on the same situation... my previous car fitted perfectly but this car is 30cm longer and it was a problem before we did this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks good. Important thing is - you have a garage and it fits! Nicely done.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Not exactly what I have done to my car, instead I show you what me and my father have done to my garage in order to park without colliding.
My garage it's a little short, the car fits now that we have removed a wall of bricks that was on the back, so in order to not collide when in reverse we have installed some boards screwed to the floor that stop the car when the wheel collides with them.
Smart to have a hard stop when tolerances are that tight, the backup camera is only great until it gets dirty, or your foot is a little slow on the brakes. Nice work!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Received the Weathertech front floor liners today, and installed them. Perfect fit! Looks nice.

·
Super Moderator
8,216 Posts
I often get 2.1 /2.4m timbers in the car between the seats into the front foot well, and 1800x900 boards behind the front seats with the rear seats down

below is the result of a small trip to ikea a few months ago :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bolted on the new winter wheels and tires!

IMG_1960.jpg

Reactions: KevinT and abafred

·
IONIQ Electric, SE (w/ CCP) 2018.
746 Posts
Had some atrocious winter weather here in Vancouver last week and the car was covered in road salt and grime. Took it to the local Great Canadian Car Wash last night and gave her a nice pressure wash and cleaning. She's sparkling in the sunshine today.

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,836 Posts
Was up to 9°C (48°F) in Ottawa yesterday and through my errands, I achieved 4.4 L/100 km (64 UK / 53 US) fuel efficiency (about 40 km or 25 mi of driving). First time I've gotten efficiency that good at that temperature on my winter tyres and steel rims.

(Of course, now the temp has dropped again and tomorrow, we're expecting 25 cm/10" of snow.)

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,836 Posts
Was up to 9°C (48°F) in Ottawa yesterday and through my errands, I achieved 4.4 L/100 km (64 UK / 53 US) fuel efficiency (about 40 km or 25 mi of driving). First time I've gotten efficiency that good at that temperature on my winter tyres and steel rims.

(Of course, now the temp has dropped again and tomorrow, we're expecting 25 cm/10" of snow.)
And again yesterday, with a temperature of just 6°C (43°F), I managed 4.3 L/100 km (66 UK / 55 US) at one point, on my winters still.

Love this car!

·
Registered
270 Posts
And again yesterday, with a temperature of just 6°C (43°F), I managed 4.3 L/100 km (66 UK / 55 US) at one point, on my winters still.

Love this car!
Pretty good. I've managed to average around 60mpg (UK) over the course of the winter at an average of around 6 degrees, very happy with that

That said, will be pleased when the warmer weather gets here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not today, but yesterday:

When I ordered my car, I got the question, if I wanted it with or without the text on the trunk... I want it without... so in May 2019, I got my car delivered, it had the text: "HYUNDAI", "IONIQ" and "electric" on the trunk...
When I mentioned it, they promised me, they would fix this within the next month. But after 2 months, I called the dealership and they told me that they don't want to do it, because you would always see it...

Now here we are, over a year later... I want to up my car detailing skills and bought a polisher (Rupes Bigfoot LHR15 Mark III) and called the dealer:
I don't car if you can see it, I want them gone, as I want to wash and polish my car ASAP...

So yesterday they were finally able to de-badge my trunk... even when I'm close to the car, it's almost invisible (and yes, I left the car dirty, so I can have a good wash soon)

And while they were busy debadging the trunk, I noticed the "BLUEDRIVE" badges on the sides... so I went to the reception desk and they debadged the side as well...

I'm really happy with the result and I can't wait to start washing, claying, polishing and protecting my car again!
(I've bought all new product to test on my car)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just turned 20K miles in my 2019 Ioniq blue. Took 13 months, which for me is unusual. This next year the mileage should go up significantly. Overall very happy with the car. Now thinking of keeping it for 4 more years, then offering it to my youngest when she turns 16.

·
Registered
Ioniq PHEV Premium SE
13 Posts
Attempted to figure out how to keep my stuff in the little box under the boot... jump cables, snow shovel, mini socket set, and the tyre inflator thing.. so it doesn’t all slide around the car. No mean feat I tell ya! Lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Although I have a spare, it was mounted directly onto the steel compartment which made a **** of a racket, regardless of how well it was screwed down. As my Ioniq came with floor mats, I didn't need those from my old car so have utilised them to sit under the wheel which has worked a treat.

·
Registered
2020 hybrid Shine
5 Posts
Just a week that I am in possession of my Hev. Still learning, but eco mode already 73%, normal 27%, sport decreased from 7 till 0.

And with today’s small trip:
About 350 kms remaining with fuel, rode approximately 550 kms.

I also have a spare at bottom of the trunk, and it’s also noisy. On straight roads, it’s okay, but more irregular roads and sharp turns, there’s some noice coming from the back.

Will see if this remains, and under which conditions, luckily my dealer is around the corner.

621 - 640 of 649 Posts