Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

601 - 620 of 649 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Went for a drive to Andover and tried out the ACC which was very impressive but takes some getting used too with her braking without touching brake pedal.

When she does brake herself to maintain the distance with the vehicle in front does she apply the brake lights too?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Went for a drive to Andover and tried out the ACC which was very impressive but takes some getting used too with her braking without touching brake pedal.

When she does brake herself to maintain the distance with the vehicle in front does she apply the brake lights too?
If the braking is agressive yes, if not no.

Reactions: IoniqLeon

·
Registered
155 Posts
Went for a drive to Andover and tried out the ACC which was very impressive but takes some getting used too with her braking without touching brake pedal

If the braking is agressive yes, if not no.
Only braked somewhat aggressively once and that is when traffic came to a near stop due to a tractor in lane one! pass as to why traffic came to a near stop as lane 2 and 3 where moving ok

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,836 Posts
Just popped over to Costco, about 11 km round trip on residential streets at speeds of 40-60 km/h.

Fuel economy for the round trip: 3.8 L/100 km.

Love this car! Not to mention the boot size is good for shopping at Costco.

·
Registered
84 Posts
On the recommendation of several folks in this forum, I purchased the LED backup bulbs. Found them for $7.96 online and they make a HUGE difference. Cheap and easy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought winter floor mats from Costco. Phantom/Tuxmat fit well and I like the high side walls. Time will tell how it will hold up.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Just filled up at Costco. And for the first time in more than 2 years of ownership, the actual fuel economy matched the car's computed fuel economy.

Reactions: Ou Boet

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just filled up at Costco. And for the first time in more than 2 years of ownership, the actual fuel economy matched the car's computed fuel economy.
So does that mean that Costco's gas pumps are more honest or more dishonest about the volume dispensed than the pumps at other retailers? :p

Reactions: ds093

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
So does that mean that Costco's gas pumps are more honest or more dishonest about the volume dispensed than the pumps at other retailers? :p
Well, my last fill-up on 5 September was also at a Costco (a different location, mind you), so I don't know if that means anything or not.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My car is getting a bit dirty and needs a wash and wax before winter sets in. But I haven't found the time to do it yet. Until today...

I was at a stop light today. In my side mirror I saw a car coming up next to me in the left lane. I noticed the front grill looked like an electric car style, covered grill with no air flow. So when it stopped next to me I leaned over to have a look out the window. As I looked over I saw it was a Hyundai Kona electric, and the woman driving it was leaning over to have a look at my Ioniq plug-in. We saw each other and we both had to laugh. She gave me a big smile and a thumbs up and I did the same. What a great moment.

You don't see too many electric cars on the roads around here yet, a few Teslas maybe. But I figure if I am going to be one of the few out there and occasionally get noticed for what it is, then I should at least keep it clean and shiny. So I washed my car today.

(Not sure if I need to mention this, but since not all countries interpret a thumbs up the same way, here a thumbs up means 'everything is good')

·
Registered
78 Posts
Today I ordered some Meguairs new car smell dash spray!

·
Registered
727 Posts
The wife and I finally programmed the Homelinks in the Ioniq and Santa Fe. No more replacing the batteries in the garage door remotes for us...

Reactions: bluioniq

·
Registered
159 Posts
Share what you did today with the Hyundai IONIQ community!

Example: Cleaned and re-arranged the garage to make space for the IONIQ. My wife's Elantra will be evicted effective after 12pm today >:)

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week.

Example: Gave it a wash and applied wax for paint protection.

Anything goes!
I am driving a Mazda 3 for the next week.
There should be a fine for stupidity. A pickup truck driver used the backend of my car to stop his vehicle at an icy intersection! I had to go to my dealership to find a body shop qualified to isolate the main battery.
Just wait till his company gets the bill for one! Even though it was a very low speed impact his towing loop went right threw the plastic bumper cover above the steel bumper structure and dented the lower edge of the hatch. Nothing can be repaired! It all has to be replaced!
I am finding the rental to be quite nice although it can't match half of the Ioniq's fuel efficiency! ?

·
Registered
159 Posts
@jbirdux does it actually work on curbs?? If so then I do need it on! I keep to lanes fine but do sometimes have a problem with curbs.. they just jump out of nowhere ?

How does it react at a multi-way junction with 4-5 lanes to join to around a massive roundabout?

@titch I'm feelin that. Luckily AC in my office so I'm actually cold right now lol but then second I step outside it's like an oven. Bet Blue is boiling, takes him a while to cool down as well andnthe steering wheel... why am I the only one that gets their hands burned by it? It's like lava! Even with AC on, it makes my hands sweaty :(
You don't need any electronic tomfoolery for this issue.
If I may be so bold, what you need is a kind driving Instructor, such as myself, for example, to help with a simple trick to always know where your wheels are. It would be a shame to mar those nice efficiency rims, wouldn't it? ?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
For the first time today after 2 ½ years of ownership and two full Ottawa winters, I received a warning today that my radar was blocked and AEB disabled as a result. Conditions were light wet snow. When I finally stopped and got out I found it was caked in a semi-transparent layer of slush, which I wiped off.

It was interesting to see that an extra menu had actually been added to the trip computer with an orange exclamation icon between the white service and settings icons at the top (which reiterated the full screen warning when I tabbed over to it) and another orange icon of a front and rear bumpers coming together in the lower right of the dash next to the odometer.

Reactions: bluioniq and knutsp

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai IONIQ Electric Premium
783 Posts
Had to jumpstart my Ioniq after being parked for only five days. Doors unlocked but electronics went crazy and car wouldn't switch on. Used a GB40 booster to start the car because the auxiliary battery was to low. Happy I always have it in the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had to jumpstart my Ioniq after being parked for only five days. Doors unlocked but electronics went crazy and car wouldn't switch on. Used a GB40 booster to start the car because the auxiliary battery was to low. Happy I always have it in the car.
Let us know why the battery died - I know I would like to know. Thanks. Fred

·
Super Moderator
8,216 Posts
over here a few years back dealers started putting little vinyl graphics on the cars, I think they had a few complaints as it only seem to last about a year then stopped

I had a dealer put plates with a European flag on mine once, told them to change them as I wouldn't accept the car with them on :)

601 - 620 of 649 Posts