Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 607 Posts

·
Administrator
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share what you did today with the Hyundai IONIQ community!

Example: Cleaned and re-arranged the garage to make space for the IONIQ. My wife's Elantra will be evicted effective after 12pm today >:)

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week.

Example: Gave it a wash and applied wax for paint protection.

Anything goes!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just changed the tires, we do not have the room to store a complete set, so the vendor stores them. Changing a set of tires costs about the same as a steel rim, which I was not able to find yet anyway. In the total of the expected lifespan of the set this option will cost me a little more, but less effort.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tried out cruise control over the weekend. The user manual seemed to make the steps to setup cruise control sound a lot more intimidating and confusing than it actually was. I could see myself using it regularly in certain situations.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I do actually. I was a bit hesitant at first that the car would speed up or slow down depending on the distance between you and the car ahead of you, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it performed. The slow down or speed up wasn't at all sudden like I thought it would be. For now I'm keeping the distance at 3 bars. Now, I wouldn't use it in heavy or stop-and-go traffic, but light traffic, oh for sure.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Lane Keep Assist, i have mind turned off. But use everything else...AEB and ACC.. love it
. Although I strongly recommend anyone using those read up on the sensor and detection specs. I wrongly assumed it would do more than it can / should and have been caught out a few times.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually keep my LKAS on; it doesn't really bother me considering I stay between the lanes anyway, but the reason I keep them on is because I use it as a preventative measure to protect the wheels/rims in case I do veer out of lane and onto a curb or something. The Hyundai dealership offered 4 different protection packages (one of them being wheel/rim protection), but I didn't opt-in to any of the options or it would have driven up the cost by a minimum of ~$40/month, up to ~$150/month. Not worth it considering I take good care of any vehicles I drive anyway.

·
Registered
169 Posts
With the temperature here at the moment (30 deg.....remember, we are British and anything over 2deg is like being in the Sahara desert!!) so the AC is a godsend. I don't have anywhere to go but I just jump in the car and go for a little drive around just to keep nice and cool!

1 - 20 of 607 Posts