Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Typhoon Silver

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
While dropping in for a Starbucks Coffee here in Victoria, B.C. I saw this Silver Metallic vehicle which had been just recently repaired and painted. If you enlarge the photo you will see how the paint on the right rear door appears to not match the rest on the side body panels. However, if you walk 20 feet to the right the colour appears to match perfectly. In this case, to allow a proper colour match from ALL angles, the complete side of the vehicle should have been painted.

Again, as I've noted earlier on this subject, be aware that ANY metallic paint, when applied by a Body Shop painter, WILL NOT MATCH the OEM paint colour. The factory sprays on metallic paint at a certain pressure, and at a constant angle, using computerized equipment, something that CANNOT be done in an aftermarket Paint Shop.

So, once again I caution you !! --- Do NOT purchase a metallic painted vehicle, unless you want to experience this paint mismatch problem when and if your vehicle is involved in an accident.

Also please note that METALLIC SILVER is the hardest colour to match.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mine is black.

I would have preferred any other colour. Sun is very hot in Portugal, I live usually between 37º and 39ºN, and a black car heats a lot more.

I would have preferred orange (my 2-year old favorite colour), blue (nice) or white... But there were only two cars left in stock to be delivered before 2018, I was going for the grey one and it disappeared from stock before my eyes... I have to secure the black one before it was too late.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ppolar White of Course ---

According to Kelley Blue Book, silver is the most popular car colour, with white as a close second. Of the two, however, white exceeds silver in its safety ratings, according to past research done by Monash University’s Accident Research Centre.

In accordance with the study, white cars are 12 per cent less likely to get into an accident than black cars are, regardless of the time of day. Cream, yellow, and beige cars also ranked closely behind white.

Besides black, the most dangerous car colours are grey (11 per cent higher risk), silver (10 per cent higher risk), blue (7 per cent higher risk), and red (7 per cent higher risk). (By the way, if you own any of these types of cars, you’re at a greater risk of having your car stolen. With that in mind, here are some other things you should never leave in your car.)

Despite white being ranked as the safest car colour at any time of the day, all cars face a potentially higher crash risk when there is less visibility, such as driving in poor weather conditions or during nighttime hours.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wanted a Marina Blue car. I saw one on the metal and loved it. With the availability issues, the choice I had was between white and silver... I went with the silver. I'm not disappointed... honest.:D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ended up with Phantom Black, not my original colour choice...I would have preferred a glossy black front, not matte. And black is a pain in the rear to maintain.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
There is a question about which colour is actually British Racing Green. The dark colour used by Bentley pre-war, and Jaguar post war; or the vomit green used by the Talbot team pre-war and Connaught, Bristol et al post war?

·
Registered
540 Posts
That's a really, really pretty black, with the exception of that ugly plastic on the front, :D. I think the blue and white variants of the car hide the plastic's aesthetic pretty well.
Agreed. If I could swap the front and rear gray plastic with the glossy version, I would have already have done it.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts