Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

What are the top 3 Ioniq improvements on your wishlist?

87K views 303 replies 119 participants last post by  Banjaboy 
#1 ·
Instead of likes/dislikes and negative postings could it be useful to collect user forum ideas on their highest prioritized functional improvements for next generation Ioniqs?. It should be related to already existing functions which can be improved against relative minor costs. So not lacking functions available on other carbrands or current not yet existing technology. Collecting these ideas into a unique top 10 should be valuable for Hyundai to upgrade their product at minimal effort and maximum customer satisfaction.

I often hear from my dealer that they dont read user forums, neither have any interest in them. Find that very curious.

Below is my top-3 of improvements:
1. Main switch off for satnav mediacentre
2. Add physical unlock handle inside for back hood latch.
3. Consolidated 12V LiPo battery with traction battery as in US models

Of course I have more but let statistics do its job. I invite anyone to post his top3.

#2 ·
Those three actually correspond to my wishlist so I'll list 3 other things I want

1. Get rid of automatic de-fogging (my car likes to turn on AC when there's no fog and it's cold cause it thinks there's fog on the window, it's not on auto, I just turn on the fans when it's stuffy)
2. Ability to set the off-peak charging hours to THE ENTIRE DAY
3. Get rid of all the stupid over-protective nannying on infotainment system when I'm driving. Let my passenger set the f--- GPS ffs.

#3 ·
Your number 1 is simply to resolve. ADS is switched of by keep pressing the front windscreen heating knob for 3 seconds. Then on the screen "ADS off" appears. Pressing again for 3 seconds enables it again.

#4 ·
In addition to the second item listed by sth128:

1. Ability to pre-heat / cool the car even when not plugged in
2. Faster brake light activation when decelerating using regenerative braking only
3. Keep settings such as "auto hold" and AC "driver only" active after restarting resp. preheating the car, until I wish to switch them off again

#7 ·
My quick list:
1) Improve blind spot detection system - many times it shouts in my ear when I indicate not to change my lane, but to signal left-turning on roads with multiple left-turn lanes.
2) Improve the LKAS system - it works quite nicely, but has the tendency to bounce off the lines a little. Not as advanced in keeping the car in the middle of the lane as - let's say - Tesla. I know, a tall order, but copying from the best is nothing wrong, IMHO ;)
3) When selecting windshield on the AC panel, it turns AC on automatically and goes to full blow power - I don't need that. If I'm on third bar, I want it to stay on third bar and just keep blowing at the shield.

#8 ·
BSD audio warnings can be switched off in the dash user menu. I admit: its peculiar to switch things off as an improvement .eek

Reactions: bluioniq
#10 ·
1). Ability to set maximum level of charge for EV from within the car.
2). Bluelink for all of Europe.
3). Ability to update Nav system regularly from within car and not have to take it to the dealer at sservice intervals.

#64 ·
1). Ability to set maximum level of charge for EV from within the car.
I would like to increase battery usage while in eco driving HEV. It seems like they have it set to be mostly mid-level to be gentle on the battery so they can be safer with the LifeTime original owner warranty. Also a built in display of fuel economy to dollars spent in a trip. Like you went 55 miles at 55 mpg you spent $2.55

#12 · (Edited)
My intention was everybodies personal top3 priorities. Please repeat your real prio's also if someone else has already posted them. Else we get a top 10.000 list. Trust the Mods can do statistical scoring and present the end top 10 in lets say 1 month from now. Please also skip rocket science changes like starting the car with your key fob. Its about improving EXISTING functionality.

#14 ·
As for my 3 changes I'd request:

1) Ability to use Bluetooth and CarPlay/AndroidAuto simultaneously with 2 separate phones.
2) Swap the Fan and Temp controls on the HVAC. I'd rather use buttons to adjust the temperature and a dial to adjust the fan speed.
3) Blue-Link for Canadian Ioniqs (currently the Blue-Link has only just been introduced for the Elantra Sport in Canada)

#40 ·
Okay, I know I already gave my three, but I think I'd like to remove my #3, and shift down my #s 1 and 2 to 2 and 3, and make my new #1 something I've been disappointed by for over a month, but I just keep forgetting about when I'm on here:

That is to have more dynamic fuel economy graphs, to give you a clearer idea of where you actually are. In Canada I can choose to display the fuel economy in either L/100 km or km/L. As the general thinking about fuel economy throughout Canada is L/100 km, this is where I have it set. But all the graphs, be it the "live" graph next to the speedometer or the fuel economy last 30-minute chart on Infotainment centre, are all fixed at representing 0 to 30 L/100 km. And while you may go as high as 30 L/100 km while accelerating, generally, it's always going to be between 0 and 10. The only times I ever see the chart on the Infotainment spike up to 30 are either when I'm sitting idle for several minutes with the car turned on (regardless of whether ICE engages while I'm idle) or when I'm running on the electric motor for an entire 2-minute representation on the graph (I expect that has to be a bug, since actual fuel economy would be 0 for that 2-minute segment, as I am moving during that entire time, generally at about 50 km/h, when it happens). I do notice when it spikes up to 30 while I am idle, it does affect my overall average economy, but, and rightly so, it doesn't seem to affect the overall average when it spikes while I'm actually moving, which is another reason why I think it must be a bug in the system.

Anyhow, I expect there are other similar fixed representations on the fuel economy graphs for km/L and MPH that most of the time represent too large a gap for the fuel economy you're actually getting during your journey. I'd like to see these graphs be more dynamic and zoom in to the segment you're actually operating in, so you can get a more precise indicator of what you're doing in real time/2-minute intervals. For example, the "live" meter could probably show 0-30 L/100 km while accelerating, but once cruising, it could zoom to show 0-10 L/100 km and the Infotainment chart could default to 0-10 and only show either 0-20 or 0-30 should, for some obscene reason (and not just idling), you're actually using more than 10 or 20 L/100 km over a full 2-minute interval (I can actually see it going over 10 if driving very aggressively, or continuously in Sport mode, but I can't see that chart ever showing an interval over 20, except when idle, and the car should know that you're idle and not count that).

I'm not sure what fixed chart displays for MPG or km/L, but I'm sure they could be refined for the segment you're actually operating in, such as 15-25 km/L, 45-60 US MPG, or 55-70 UK MPG and either expand or even adjust to say 20-30 km/L, 55-70 US MPG or 65-80 UK MPG if that's the economy you're actually getting on your trip. The point is it should be more dynamic and be able to show you more precise information where possible. I mean obviously if you've got a 2 minute segment at 45 mpg, because you're just setting out and the car's warming up, but then by 10 minutes down the road, you're getting say 70 mpg, well then, obviously the graph should expand, until 30 minutes after the 45 mpg bar, when it would disappear from the chart, at which time the chart could zoom in to show a more precise representation.

Anyhow, that's a big gripe of mine, especially for L/100 km, when I'm always running in just the lower 1/3 of the graph.

#15 ·
My list would include:

1. Improve the position of the backup lights. It is very difficult to see at night with these lights as they do not light up very well what is behind you.
2. Increase the head room for passengers in the back seat.
3. Make the "floorboard" in the trunk area more substantial. It feels like a piece of stiff cardboard.

#16 ·
#1 bluelink and app in Canada
#2 TPMS - it is not available in Canada
#3 Birdseye view with object detection

Since 1 and 2 are not really new improvements just lack of availability I'd add improvements in the area of safety.. features available on ICE vehicles by Hyundai but not on the Ioniq is just wrong

Also wrong is no 'over the air' updates

#17 ·
Yes for #1 and #2. Not quite sure what you mean by #3. Also what other safety features were you thinking of, in particular?

#28 ·
Stay on topic please. Mods also have other things to do.

#36 ·
I am part way through my self inflicted wait for my PremiumSE with front parking sensors and I maybe disappointed by item 2 above. My preference would very much be for both front and rear parking sensors to become active once you drop below a certain speed. In the same way as I assume they turn off above above a certain speed.

#32 ·
I feel a poll is needed on here

I will give it another week or so to get a more complete picture, then I will make a separate thread with a poll of the top ten, hopefully Hyundai will have a look as it will be feed back from owners

#33 ·
Very well BC1. That was my just my intention. Picking the low hanging fruit for the new generation Ioniqs.
Limit your poll to the existing functions. Hyundai would be shortsighted to ignore this free market survey.

#38 ·
1. Enable LKA front camera to be accessed as a dashcam that can be recorded
2. Enable reversing camera to be accessed as a dashcam that can be recorded
3. Let the car be able to be set to Sport mode permanently as as option, rather than defaulting to eco mode.

#45 ·
I've got 2 cup holders in my HEV Limited. They're different shapes and sizes, but I do have two between the gear shifter and centre armrest

I definitely agree about TPMS in Canada though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk