Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of likes/dislikes and negative postings could it be useful to collect user forum ideas on their highest prioritized functional improvements for next generation Ioniqs?. It should be related to already existing functions which can be improved against relative minor costs. So not lacking functions available on other carbrands or current not yet existing technology. Collecting these ideas into a unique top 10 should be valuable for Hyundai to upgrade their product at minimal effort and maximum customer satisfaction.

I often hear from my dealer that they dont read user forums, neither have any interest in them. Find that very curious.

Below is my top-3 of improvements:
1. Main switch off for satnav mediacentre
2. Add physical unlock handle inside for back hood latch.
3. Consolidated 12V LiPo battery with traction battery as in US models

Of course I have more but let statistics do its job. I invite anyone to post his top3.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Those three actually correspond to my wishlist so I'll list 3 other things I want

1. Get rid of automatic de-fogging (my car likes to turn on AC when there's no fog and it's cold cause it thinks there's fog on the window, it's not on auto, I just turn on the fans when it's stuffy)
2. Ability to set the off-peak charging hours to THE ENTIRE DAY
3. Get rid of all the stupid over-protective nannying on infotainment system when I'm driving. Let my passenger set the f--- GPS ffs.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your number 1 is simply to resolve. ADS is switched of by keep pressing the front windscreen heating knob for 3 seconds. Then on the screen "ADS off" appears. Pressing again for 3 seconds enables it again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In addition to the second item listed by sth128:

1. Ability to pre-heat / cool the car even when not plugged in
2. Faster brake light activation when decelerating using regenerative braking only
3. Keep settings such as "auto hold" and AC "driver only" active after restarting resp. preheating the car, until I wish to switch them off again

·
Registered
264 Posts
Your number 1 is simply to resolve. ADS is switched of by keep pressing the front windscreen heating knob for 3 seconds. Then on the screen "ADS off" appears. Pressing again for 3 seconds enables it again.
Interesting... I will try it in a few minutes.

In that case, I change my #1 to:

1. Ability to set maximum state of charge percent instead of always charging to 100% when plugged in

·
Registered
167 Posts
My quick list:
1) Improve blind spot detection system - many times it shouts in my ear when I indicate not to change my lane, but to signal left-turning on roads with multiple left-turn lanes.
2) Improve the LKAS system - it works quite nicely, but has the tendency to bounce off the lines a little. Not as advanced in keeping the car in the middle of the lane as - let's say - Tesla. I know, a tall order, but copying from the best is nothing wrong, IMHO ;)
3) When selecting windshield on the AC panel, it turns AC on automatically and goes to full blow power - I don't need that. If I'm on third bar, I want it to stay on third bar and just keep blowing at the shield.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BSD audio warnings can be switched off in the dash user menu. I admit: its peculiar to switch things off as an improvement .eek

Reactions: bluioniq

·
Registered
175 Posts
1) Auto-start from my key fob. (I can only do it through BlueLink)
2) Options for different voices for the navigation system.
3) A little more rear-sear leg room.

·
Registered
915 Posts
1). Ability to set maximum level of charge for EV from within the car.
2). Bluelink for all of Europe.
3). Ability to update Nav system regularly from within car and not have to take it to the dealer at sservice intervals.

·
Registered
167 Posts
BSD audio warnings can be switched off in the dash user menu. I admit: its peculiar to switch things off as an improvement .eek
Yes, it can, but I don't want to turn it off every time I turn left or right on multiple-lane turning intersections. I appreciate its help in any other circumstances ;)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
My intention was everybodies personal top3 priorities. Please repeat your real prio's also if someone else has already posted them. Else we get a top 10.000 list. Trust the Mods can do statistical scoring and present the end top 10 in lets say 1 month from now. Please also skip rocket science changes like starting the car with your key fob. Its about improving EXISTING functionality.

·
Registered
Marina Blue HEV Ltd IONIQ from 25 Jul '17
1,864 Posts
Yes, it can, but I don't want to turn it off every time I turn left or right on multiple-lane turning intersections. I appreciate its help in any other circumstances ;)
I completely sympathise. This has happened to both me and my dad on his brand new Elantra. I think I've only had it happen to me once, but then I travel at off peak times generally, so there's not as much traffic vying for each of the turning lanes at multi turnlane intersections when I'm approaching.

Reactions: bluioniq

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
As for my 3 changes I'd request:

1) Ability to use Bluetooth and CarPlay/AndroidAuto simultaneously with 2 separate phones.
2) Swap the Fan and Temp controls on the HVAC. I'd rather use buttons to adjust the temperature and a dial to adjust the fan speed.
3) Blue-Link for Canadian Ioniqs (currently the Blue-Link has only just been introduced for the Elantra Sport in Canada)

·
Registered
73 Posts
My list would include:

1. Improve the position of the backup lights. It is very difficult to see at night with these lights as they do not light up very well what is behind you.
2. Increase the head room for passengers in the back seat.
3. Make the "floorboard" in the trunk area more substantial. It feels like a piece of stiff cardboard.

·
Registered
176 Posts
#1 bluelink and app in Canada
#2 TPMS - it is not available in Canada
#3 Birdseye view with object detection

Since 1 and 2 are not really new improvements just lack of availability I'd add improvements in the area of safety.. features available on ICE vehicles by Hyundai but not on the Ioniq is just wrong

Also wrong is no 'over the air' updates

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
#1 bluelink and app in Canada
#2 TPMS - it is not available in Canada
#3 Birdseye view with object detection

Since 1 and 2 are not really new improvements just lack of availability I'd add improvements in the area of safety.. features available on ICE vehicles by Hyundai but not on the Ioniq is just wrong

Also wrong is no 'over the air' updates
Yes for #1 and #2. Not quite sure what you mean by #3. Also what other safety features were you thinking of, in particular?

·
Registered
25 Posts
for Hybrid

1. Maximum EV Mode: allows me to use traction motor as long as possible in take offs
2. Ability to control Regen through other means than brake pedal.
3. Cooled seat for US

·
Super Moderator
2,303 Posts
  1. each trip computer have its own mpg calculation
  2. owner updateable maps / more up to date maps
  3. do away with that silly foot operated parking brake
Point 2 . I've already relayed that sentiment to Hyundai in an on line questionnaire ...we can only hope that they listen
Point 3 .I agree ,though I can live with it as is

1 - 20 of 295 Posts