Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have noticed purely by accident that the foot wells of my car are wet! My coat was in my rear foot well when I put it on it was wet and then found that the foot well was soaking wet!
My driver’s side foot well is wet and also has mould from the damp!
Any suggestions please?
Is this anything to do with the bad condensation?

·
Registered
Iconiq plug In. Premium SE/ultimate 2019
225 Posts
I would check door seals first, I assume you don’t have a sunroof, also make sure you don’t have recirculating air on the heater,

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
537 Posts
If the carpets are that wet, and you're suffering from bad condensation, the car needs to be seen by a main dealer pronto, you have a serious problem.

Reactions: maxima

·
Registered
Ioniq 2021 Premium SE EV
5 Posts
I tool delivery of a 2021 EV today and the drivers side carpet was soaking, I only noticed it after the delivery driver had left. I did some investigation this evening and there is a significant amount of water that has been absorbed by the foam that is under the carpet. I managed to soak 3 tea-towels full of water and there is still more.

@George2gg Did you discover the source of your problem?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I would be calling the dealer in the morning saying that you plan to reject the car, that does not sound good at all.

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
Ioniq 2021 Premium SE EV
5 Posts
I would be calling the dealer in the morning saying that you plan to reject the car, that does not sound good at all.
I got it on a personal lease so will need to check the contract but I will speak to the leasing company account manager about it. You're right it doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yes, that is the route to go, get them on your side. Good luck. Keep us informed about the outcome?

·
Registered
Ioniq 2021 Premium SE EV
5 Posts
The supplying dealer said take it to a local dealer to get them to look at it. The local dealer said reject it as it wil take 2-3 weeks to strip down the interior to determine where the leak is and they cannot supply a car for me in that time so I would be without one. I'm within the 15 day 'right to cancel' period with the finance company so talking to them now about exercising that right, just lucky they delivered it quickly. Will post another update when I know more.

·
Registered
Iconiq plug In. Premium SE/ultimate 2019
225 Posts
It may not be a leak just some careless employee doing the PDI and being over exuberant with the pressure washer,

·
Registered
537 Posts
To get as much water out as the OP did, if it was done at PDi the whole interior would be wet, when you have the finance company on your side is it worth the risk? Get rid and start again.

Reactions: KevinT
1 - 12 of 12 Posts