Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

Watch out, if you are a UK company car driver and go for the EV...

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Alien-S 
#1 ·
So today I had to put in my mileage claim for business miles driven in my current company PHEV.
Straight forward, but I noticed my employer was only paying 13p/mile instead of 14p (this is HMRC's AFR - Advisory Fuel Rate). We have rectified that now.

As I am going pure EV as of next month, I decided to check the AFR for that.

Bottom line? Because mine is a company car, paid for by the company, there is no easy way for my employer to reimburse me for the electricity coming out of my home charging point that gets used for business miles. All those of you driving a company Hybrid are not affected, you simply continue to use the AFR for petrol cars.

And if you own the EV yourself, you can still claim 45p/mile for business miles - quids in.

I might have shot myself in the foot... :eek:

#6 ·
Actually, my charge point (they are not really chargers - the charger is in the vehicle) is metered separately.

When I had it fitted two years ago, it was a condition of the government funding (it cost me zero!) that a meter was fitted between the distribution board and the charge point. The meter has an O2 SIM card in it, and transmits usage information to some agency that collates the figures.

This remained the case for Hyundai funded Podpoints that were available until recently (Hyundai only put £500 towards it - the Gov pays the rest).

#5 · (Edited)
In the Netherlands the company behind such a homecharger stays connected to it by Internet and keeps an administration of all charging sessions. For a small cost subscription (e.g., € 5 per month) you can get overviews of that administration and use that for your employer, or for other purposes.

Reactions: blownb310
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.