Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
AE.3 IONIQ EV Hatch Elite 100KW 38.3 KWH
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand this is a Canadian Forum however it has worldwide members so I hope what I raise here is pertinent to some others countries as far as Speed camera alerts..

I get the charming female telling me there is a red light or speed camera 300 metres ahead.. This is all good however when I'm almost in the view of the camera I get the warning gong..

Has anyone found this to be a little too late to react?
Is there some adjustment to the timing of the gong maybe?

·
Registered
195 Posts
In UK we don't get "a charming female" ; just the warning bong albeit, I find, in plenty of time.
Are speed camera warnings dependent on live traffic information in all countries?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I also get enough warning by the sole 'bong' but only if I have remembered to activate the phone hotspot to enable live traffic in the SatNav. I understand that this is an iphone issue though where the phone needs the hotspot feature to be switched off and on again before the car picks up the wifi signal. Now that is annoying. If you forget when setting off you are stuck until the next stop unless you have a passenger able to access the settings and fix it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I also get enough warning by the sole 'bong' but only if I have remembered to activate the phone hotspot to enable live traffic in the SatNav. I understand that this is an iphone issue though where the phone needs the hotspot feature to be switched off and on again before the car picks up the wifi signal. Now that is annoying. If you forget when setting off you are stuck until the next stop unless you have a passenger able to access the settings and fix it.
I believe this is a security feature in the phone that it needs enabling each time. Buy a cheap USB dongle and make use of the free allowance on a Three data sim.

·
Registered
AE.3 IONIQ EV Hatch Elite 100KW 38.3 KWH
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In UK we don't get "a charming female" ; just the warning bong albeit, I find, in plenty of time.
Are speed camera warnings dependent on live traffic information in all countries?
My speed camera / red light camera warnings are from the fixed GPS maps data and will get updated when the maps are updated at service times.
I can, but cannot be bothered to connect my Android phone and have Google do it all for me but I was just wanting to use the GPS included camera alerts which most times are all there here in Victoria Australia.
Seems there are many different variations depending on the EV model supplied in what country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts