Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all from Scotland, after a bit of messing about before Christmas I eventually ordered my Ioniq Premium SE Electric in early January for delivery in March.

Originally I was planning on getting the Phoenix Orange but after all my procrastinating I was told that to get that colour I'd have to wait until about June / July so I settled for a Marina Blue.

I've been looking at EVs for a long time and have test driven pretty much everything available and this is the first one that ticks all the boxes for me. I also have a Tesla Model 3 deposit down (yes, I actually put down a deposit before the car was even announced) but it's going to be a number of years before this makes it to the UK market so the missus will probably end up with the Ioniq when that arrives.

So while I wait patiently for March to come around I just thought I'd get involved in the forum.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Welcome! Your waiting time is quite modest, compared to others.

·
Registered
843 Posts
So while I wait patiently for March to come around
Hi.
Might I enquire as to when was the last time you spoke to your dealer?

The reason I ask is that I have had my Electric Premium SE on order since December 9, and I have been informed that the Premium SE spec vehicles have been delayed and may no longer be in the UK in time for March delivery.

I would posit that your order was against the same batch of vehicles, therefore it would be interesting to learn if you are in the same boat. Or indeed if your car is on the same boat!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
welcome damienjmiller

as alien-s suggests I would have a chat with your dealer to get an update on expected delivery date

you would have been our first phoenix orange. you will also be our second EV in Scotland and you guys have a reputation for having an eye for a good deal so interesting both are EV's :)

what was the main driver to choose the EV and over the hybrid?

which rough area of Scotland you in?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Should have gone for the Polar White, I got mine two weeks ago, got tinted windows in it, looks class. I first ordered a Marina Blue when I went for the car but when I seen the Marina Blue parked beside a Polar White one I cancelled the Marina Blue, dealer said he didn't blame me, the white look a lot better, especially with the tinted windows.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Blue is a good color too, timeless IMO and always looks great even when a bit dirty. I guess July is just too long of a wait for you. What are you currently driving?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Folks,

Things have been a bit manic and with various personal things going on like job changes, illness etc this is really the first time I've been able to pop back here.

As I said previously, I started off expecting to get the car and January but then because I messed about a bit that time slipped and eventually I did get the car on 3rd June.

The reason I ask is that I have had my Electric Premium SE on order since December 9, and I have been informed that the Premium SE spec vehicles have been delayed and may no longer be in the UK in time for March delivery.

I would posit that your order was against the same batch of vehicles, therefore it would be interesting to learn if you are in the same boat. Or indeed if your car is on the same boat!
For about a month or so I was messed about by the dealer a bit and told several different delivery dates until eventually I was told late August / September at which point I actually cancelled the car.

Fortunately in the end, although I had cancelled with my dealer, the dealer decided to keep the car on order as they would have no problem selling it and in the end I got a call from the dealer in March to say it had arrived earlier then expected if I was still interested in it. Needless to say, I jumped at the chance and have been driving around in "Ellie" since the start or June.

you would have been our first phoenix orange. you will also be our second EV in Scotland and you guys have a reputation for having an eye for a good deal so interesting both are EV's :)
I still really like the Pheonix orange when it's clean and a bright day but after seeing a dirty one in the dark, I think I now prefer the blue.

what was the main driver to choose the EV and over the hybrid?
I've been looking at getting an EV for years - I've test drove most of the ones on the market including a few PHEVs and I really don't see the point in getting a hybrid - it just seems like a half measure to me.

which rough area of Scotland you in?
I'm central - just outside Glasgow. I've added my details to the map post.

I am in West Scotland (Ayrshire) and I have had my Ioniq EV for 5 weeks. Got mine just after The guy in Aberdeen.
I was driving down to Culzean Castle a few months back and as I was passing somewhere around Minishant on the A77 I passed another Blue EV going in the opposite direction - I don't suppose that could have been you could it? :)

Should have gone for the Polar White, I got mine two weeks ago, got tinted windows in it, looks class.
Blue is a good color too, timeless IMO and always looks great even when a bit dirty. I guess July is just too long of a wait for you. What are you currently driving?
I must admit it's one of the few cars that does look really good in white but as ionic says, it gets too dirty too quickly.

Currently I have a few cars but the Ioniq is now my daily driver. I've already clocked up a good few thousand miles, I've been on a week long camping trip to the Western Isles of Scotland and I've never really had range anxiety issues! It's been a great car so far, hasn't missed a beat and when my Model 3 arrives (some time in 2019 - if at all) the Ioniq will probably stay part of the family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts