Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After having driven a Prius plug-in for almost 5 years, I wanted an all-electric car. At first I ignored the Ioniq because of the range. After looking into the Zoe (too small) and every other long-range alternative which have an introduction date 'somewhere in the future', I visited a Hyundai dealer. The premium edition looked like a really nice car, and...there was a boat heading for The Netherlands with an 'unassigned' Marina blue version. The range should be more than enough for most trips, so I couldn't resist.

Last week the car got unloaded from the cargo vessel, but I'm still waiting for the car to arrive at the dealer. So I hope in about twee weeks I can tell you how it drives :)

Marco

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Hi Marco, welkom hier!

Feel free to ask any question you have!
It seems you were in the same situation as I was, I also had a Prius Plug In, in my case for 4 years.
What are your daily distances?

Can you indicate your info in the Member map thread? Then we can add you to the map.

Jan

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. How much range were you looking for and how short does the Ioniq fall from that?

·
Registered
21 Posts
o so fast you will get in Netherlands, in Norway i ordered on 18 of march polar white technic , skinn interior, and it can take up til 5-6 month :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was really surprised there still was non-reserved Ioniq heading to The Netherlands. I too prepared for a few months waiting time. But I had to choose between black and marina blue. Luckily the blue was the option I wanted :)

My current job is daily 200 km (return trip) and a parking area with 1 charging-point for a few hundred cars. So that one is usually taken. But...due to the traffic I usually go by train. We have relatives living 150 km and 175 km (both single trip) mostly highways and no charge-points in the destination area. So that will be a challenge. But my girlfriend drives about 120 km a day, so I guess it will be here car during weekdays.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi Marco, congratulations! In temperatures like today (4 to 10 degr.C) you may be able to drive your 200 km. Today I had to drive unexpectedly 197 km so I didn't drive very fast (80-90 km/h mainly motorway) and had still 30 km left. There were some Fastned stations along the route just in case of emergency, but it wasn't necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts