Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking on this forum since earlier this year when I was originally looking at the PHEV Ioniq, but thought I would introduce myself now that I have pulled the pin and signed the paperwork to actually become an Ioniq Owner. :)

Which Ioniq you are interested in or have purchased
I've just signed all the paperwork to purchase a new 2019 Ioniq EV AE.3 MY20 Premium in White. The dealership has it in stock, they just have to organise the items like tinting etc and they said it might even be ready for delivery this week. fingers crossed

What you will be / have swapped for the new Ioniq
I'm currently driving a Toyota Camry Atara SL (2016). At the time I purchased that car, I really wanted to jump to the hybrid but the husband didn't like some of the sounds and quirks of the hybrid, so we settled on the petrol. Don't get me wrong, it's a good car, just I think it's such as waste sitting in peak hour traffic every day and it chewing through the fuel.

What country / area you are from, this helps support you due to the different variants / specs in different countries
Victoria, Australia.

What caused you to be interested in the Ioniq
I've been interested in hybrid and EV cars for a little while now. I almost purchased the Ioniq PHEV earlier this year but it would have been cost-prohibitive to end my lease 10 months early. I didn't even consider the EV model at that time as the range wasn't enough to cover 80-90% of my regular driving scenarios. With the larger battery of the new EV model, it has now has the range I need (260-270km) round trip for to cover my longest frequent travel scenario and with charging spots still not that great around my area (unless you have a Tesla), I'll mostly be charging at home. I was also looking at the new Leaf, but quickly dropped that once the AE.3 Ioniq EV was released for Australia. I am looking forward not having to spend $60-$80 on fuel a week and in my own way I like the fact that I won't be contributing the exhaust fumes while sitting stopped in peak hour traffic. The Ioniq Premium in Aus also has the sunroof, which I have surprisingly enjoyed on my previous car so it was great to have it available on the Ioniq.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Delivery date confirmed by dealership today for Tuesday 10th December and Jetcharge also confirmed Monday 9th Dec for the installation of the home charger. Happy dance

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Congratulations @Shandi . I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts