Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes I need 1.9kw to charge my tesla when it’s stranded
I feel like the dealers are not very educated on this because I asked and my dealer is confident V2L is included, but they ONLY mean the underseat V2L. No versions come with the adapter that plugs into the charge port... you have to buy that separately.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just took delivery of Limited and dealer tells me V2L cable was never included?

Yes/no?

Kind of need it but not urgently
The same happened to me and so I contacted my dealer and said this is false advertising, Hyundai states all the benefits of the V2L connector and then it is not included. They initially said it would cost me an additional $500 plus, and so I told them since I paid above MSRP that this was worthy of a false advertising claim. They agreed to send me one, but I am still waiting.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The same happened to me and so I contacted my dealer and said this is false advertising, Hyundai states all the benefits of the V2L connector and then it is not included. They initially said it would cost me an additional $500 plus, and so I told them since I paid above MSRP that this was worthy of a false advertising claim. They agreed to send me one, but I am still waiting.
Well i just bought a LIMITED at MSRP (Shults Hyundai, Lakewood, NY) and dealer was vey familiar so I did not push the issue further.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
581 Posts
I understand the frustration as it's an accessory that was heavily marketed but did anyone check the window sticker before purchasing? It's not listed there and we've been pulling them up long before our cars arrived, I'm not sure why folks are expecting an advertised accessory that is plainly not included on the window sticker? Just because it was heavily advertised? Are Rivian folks livid the camp kitchen is an added cost as well? Just trying to get an understanding of this.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understand the frustration as it's an accessory that was heavily marketed but did anyone check the window sticker before purchasing? It's not listed there and we've been pulling them up long before our cars arrived, I'm not sure why folks are expecting an advertised accessory that is plainly not included on the window sticker? Just because it was heavily advertised? Are Rivian folks livid the camp kitchen is an added cost as well? Just trying to get an understanding of this.
Actually i have seen independent YouTube reviews that show the adapter; hence the confusion!

I don't mind paying (if its even available)

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's available, I ordered mine weeks ago, plenty of hyundai parts sites have them, typically around $500. The part is 916B1-GI020.
Did the V2L work ok for you. I'm not sure if all these Hyundai Parts sites are legitimately associated with Hyundai or not. I called a Hyundai dealership parts department and they told me this part number won't work with my Ioniq 5 based on my VIN. Seems like that doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think part of the confusion is the fact there are two V2L features. One in the back seat and one for the charge port. When a buyer asks, "is it coming with that V2L thingy?" the dealer just says yes, because it does come with V2L for the back row (very clearly states on the window sticker "Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) 2nd-Row Outlet, 1.9kW"). But then the buyer is confused later when there is no V2L adapter for the charge port. I think that even some of the sales folks don't realize the external adapter is extra because I specifically asked my dealer and he looked at me sideways and had to go ask his manager.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
581 Posts
Did the V2L work ok for you. I'm not sure if all these Hyundai Parts sites are legitimately associated with Hyundai or not. I called a Hyundai dealership parts department and they told me this part number won't work with my Ioniq 5 based on my VIN. Seems like that doesn't make sense.
Yup, hyundai part, works flawlessly. Parts Hyundai is a domain the dealer at Patompkin Hyundai was smart enough to nab during the initial domain rush so it's ordering direct from a US parts department at a US Hyundai dealer (y)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
129 Posts
Yup, hyundai part, works flawlessly. Parts Hyundai is a domain the dealer at Patompkin Hyundai was smart enough to nab during the initial domain rush so it's ordering direct from a US parts department at a US Hyundai dealer (y)

View attachment 40052
I used the same Site/Dealership. They were worried because the VIN didn't say it would work so they called me before the order went through. I told them that it was just so new that it wasn't updated and it was ok to order, so they had it shipped the next day or so. Works flawlessly! Just remember to unlick the car to remove it - it's a security feature.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used the same Site/Dealership. They were worried because the VIN didn't say it would work so they called me before the order went through. I told them that it was just so new that it wasn't updated and it was ok to order, so they had it shipped the next day or so. Works flawlessly! Just remember to unlick the car to remove it - it's a security feature.
Thanks Tony!

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue/Gray
246 Posts
Don't bother in trying to understand this. Just shake your ahead when you hear about it. If people don't do their due diligence in double checking what the product comes with, it's their problem. I've read some people blame on the ads and reviewers and I just shake my head. At least OP is asking for confirmation even though a search would have worked and this isn't as bad as the other person in another thread that went on about false advertising and suing.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5
10 Posts
Please bear with me as I try to navigate all of this. I acquired a 2022 Ioniq 5, Limited, US version. My take away from the conversation is as follows.
  • There is an adapter that allows me to plug in appliances from outside of the car. This is not standard equipment for the US versions.
  • There is a plug inside of the car that I can use to plug in appliances.
Personally, I cannot seem to access the port inside - I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I can purchase at outside adapter if I so choose.

Short of supplying power to another EV, is there an advantage to having the external adapter?

Thanks.

Randall

1 - 20 of 40 Posts