Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered one online and got a message today saying they don't have inventory. Does anyone know of a Southern California dealer that might have one in stock?

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
750 Posts
I ordered one online and got a message today saying they don't have inventory. Does anyone know of a Southern California dealer that might have one in stock?
Nope, no clue, I haven't known any to have them actually, that's why I bought mine from FL.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered mine from eBay - came from Korea - took about 3 weeks to arrive - OEM Genuine Parts V2L Connector Power Appliances For HYUNDAI 2022 IONIQ 5 | eBay

Ended up being $200 cheaper than ordering from the Hyundai store here - 2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 V2L Connector (Q006)

With this Korea purchase, you do have to buy an adapter to convert to US plug type - but that adapter you can leave in the V2L adapter - so not a big deal.
I would not have bought it to save $180.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I ordered mine from eBay - came from Korea - took about 3 weeks to arrive - OEM Genuine Parts V2L Connector Power Appliances For HYUNDAI 2022 IONIQ 5 | eBay

Ended up being $200 cheaper than ordering from the Hyundai store here - 2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 V2L Connector (Q006)

With this Korea purchase, you do have to buy an adapter to convert to US plug type - but that adapter you can leave in the V2L adapter - so not a big deal.
correct 220v to 110v voltage converter isn't very cheap or light/small especially one that is capable of supplying 1900Watts.

Those small adaptors that you see for cheap (or included) are NOT converting 220v to 110v, just converts to US STYLE outlet so that you can plug in US appliances that CAN handle 220v (you have to see your appliance to confirm it can handle 220v they usually have tag that says 110v-240v 50-60hz) If not, then it will fry your appliance as soon as you plug it in - I don't know what will happen to the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
correct 220v to 110v voltage converter isn't very cheap or light/small especially one that is capable of supplying 1900Watts.

Those small adaptors that you see for cheap (or included) are NOT converting 220v to 110v, just converts to US STYLE outlet so that you can plug in US appliances that CAN handle 220v (you have to see your appliance to confirm it can handle 220v they usually have tag that says 110v-240v 50-60hz) If not, then it will fry your appliance as soon as you plug it in - I don't know what will happen to the car.
From some of the other threads, the output 220v or 110v - is controlled by the Ioniq 5 - not the adapter - so doesn't matter what plug you have on the adapter - it's still outputting based on which part of the world your car is in. See this thread - V2L inner secrets (Not Many)

·
Registered
19 Posts

can you please reference the adapter and where to purchase it. I too purchased the Korea V2L

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Korea one is not grounded correctly. The price of the USA one is now comparable, but possible back ordered. I have the Korean one works for some things but not things (like Tesla chargers, that test for ground but the USA dose. see this thread.

·
Registered
83 Posts
can you please reference the adapter and where to purchase it. I too purchased the Korea V2L

·
Registered
Cyber Grey AWD SEL
34 Posts
The V2L adapter is now showing on the Accessories page on many dealers around So. Cal. at $230. I called four of them. First parts dept guy said "V2L Adapter? You need to call an electrician. We don't sell them." I explained what it was and gave him a part number. "Oh yeah. I see it. We don't stock them. I can order one. $719."

Three more parts departments said basically the same thing. What does it do? What is V2L? Can order. $719 up to... $820. No dice. Nice work Hyundai. Where is after market?

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue/Gray
313 Posts
The V2L adapter is now showing on the Accessories page on many dealers around So. Cal. at $230. I called four of them. First parts dept guy said "V2L Adapter? You need to call an electrician. We don't sell them." I explained what it was and gave him a part number. "Oh yeah. I see it. We don't stock them. I can order one. $719."

Three more parts departments said basically the same thing. What does it do? What is V2L? Can order. $719 up to... $820. No dice. Nice work Hyundai. Where is after market?
Did you tell them GIH68-AK0A0? This is the cheapest NA part number you want to ask about.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue/Gray
313 Posts

·
Registered
2022 White Ioniq 5 SEL
65 Posts
Just saw this thread and would sure like to see pictures of the GIH68-AK0A0 adapter and hear from those that have used it. It certainly sounds like we have an affordable solution to the V2L adapter, but sure wondering why Hyundai has two parts, two adapters and what the difference is between the two.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts