Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the TomTom satnav built into my 2018 (68) Ioniq will automatically switch from Speed Camera Alert (as used in the UK) to Danger Zone Alert (as used in France) when it detects that the car is in France?

The manual says that the setting used is country dependent but does not say if the system will switch over automatically or if I need to do something manually.

Your experience appreciated.

RSD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi All,

I guess nobody has come across this before. I'm headed en vacances tomorrow so will let you know in due course how the TomTom satnav performs.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Get your dealer to update the GPS database before you leave...

Of course, no advice to RSD worth a darn, as you can't post a couple of days before you go on a trip and expect an answer....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get your dealer to update the GPS database before you leave...

Of course, no advice to RSD worth a darn, as you can't post a couple of days before you go on a trip and expect an answer....
Hi. The update was made at the last service a couple of weeks ago. Good news is that as soon as the satnav recognised that it was in France it automatically switched to danger zone alert. As the satnav was set in miles it showed the speed limits in mph rather than kph which made setting cruise control simple. Covered 438 miles with 4 adults and a (very) full boot and showing 61.5mpg (mine is a hybrid).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts