Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way of getting quickly to the home screen on the infotainment system? I notice that when I get in to drive the screen goes to a display with useful driving info but it takes quite a few taps on the screen to get to the home screen and then to the EV screen if that’s what I want. On the screen that is displayed when I start driving there is no home button top left. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there any way of getting quickly to the home screen on the infotainment system? I notice that when I get in to drive the screen goes to a display with useful driving info but it takes quite a few taps on the screen to get to the home screen and then to the EV screen if that’s what I want. On the screen that is displayed when I start driving there is no home button top left. Am I missing something?
I struggled with the same problem, but am now using the "star" button on the control panel to quickly get to the home screen ( and from there to the EV screen).
Go to "Settings" -> "Button" where you can configure features to activate when pressing the programmable buttons.
The programmable buttons are;
- Custom button (star) on the panel
- Custom button (star) on the steering wheel
- MODE button on the steering wheel

I hope this was what you are looking for!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I struggled with the same problem, but am now using the "star" button on the control panel to quickly get to the home screen ( and from there to the EV screen).
Go to "Settings" -> "Button" where you can configure features to activate when pressing the programmable buttons.
The programmable buttons are;
- Custom button (star) on the panel
- Custom button (star) on the steering wheel
- MODE button on the steering wheel

I hope this was what you are looking for!
I did exactly the same in mine. Works fine after the thing wakes up.

·
Registered
Own Lucid Blue RWD 73KW Premium Ioniq 5
80 Posts
Yes - tap the screen on the bit you want - on the first screen with a picture of the car in the middle and the map on the right if you touch the car part it goes to the EV display and if you touch the map it goes to the map.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes - tap the screen on the bit you want - on the first screen with a picture of the car in the middle and the map on the right if you touch the car part it goes to the EV display and if you touch the map it goes to the map.
Thanks spider – gosh, some things are so simple it’s amazing I never try them. It needs a hint. Thanks heaps!

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
558 Posts
Thanks spider – gosh, some things are so simple it’s amazing I never try them. It needs a hint. Thanks heaps!
When all else fails, I put a 5 year old in front of the screen an ask them to figure it out. Usually they find the way in less than one minute.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A long press on the word 'Warmer' on the touch-dash will bring up the heated seats screen.
Speaking of the central console, I want the speed indicator to be in the centre, not over on the left where, for my preferred seating and steering wheel position, it is obscured by the steering wheel. (I have the launch Australian edition which does not have the head-up display.)
It must be because of some misguided attempt at symmetry that the designers put a large speed indicator on the left and a large km-to-empty indicator on the right. Imagine the outcry if in an ICE car they gave the fuel gauge equal prominence with the speed indicator. (I guess you could argue that the usual ICE rev counter is there purely for reasons of symmetry as it’s relevant to few drivers in these days of automatic transmissions.)

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
470 Posts
Swipe infotainment screen to the left (or right depending on your perspective) with your finger - will take you straight to Home Screen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts