Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at used gen1 Ioniqs and trying to figure out how to identify which ones have forward collision avoidance. Listings aren't always clear, so are there any markers I can identify from photos of the car? Eg, does FCA only come with the ultimate package, and therefore it's only on cars with rear vents?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium
69 Posts
Here in the UK, the forward Autonomous Emergency Braking (I assume that is what you're referring to) comes as standard on all models and trim levels

·
Registered
2020, Ioniq PHEV Premium SE
34 Posts
Slightly off topic but I read tpms is now a requirement on all new euro cars, I wonder how long before these other safety features become mandated.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm looking at used gen1 Ioniqs and trying to figure out how to identify which ones have forward collision avoidance. Listings aren't always clear, so are there any markers I can identify from photos of the car? Eg, does FCA only come with the ultimate package, and therefore it's only on cars with rear vents?

Thanks!
Before the 2019 model in the US only the Limited had that feature. The 2019 included it and lane departure in both the SEL and the Limited. Generally in used vehicles the Limited extras are much less expensive than when new. I have the Limited and I really appreciate those extras. I have an older model vehicle and I really miss adaptive cruise and auto headlight dimming. The bending headlights are really cool too!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Be sure when purchasing a used Ioniq to get the warranty. These vehicles are relatively inexpensive to purchase, but really expensive to repair. The engine and drivetrain have a 100k and the batteries have a lifetime warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts